Ideas for plane building workshop...

Scotto

Elite member
I agree 100%. There is absolutely nothing nerdy about an old drafting table. Just total coolness. Most of my projects start on this 60X40 board. All I need now, is a waterbed, some black lights and a disco ball for the magic to flow.
Hey that reminds me. My dad has a giant light table that was for big film aerial photos. Its kinda obsolete now with google earth and gps, but would it be useful for some kind of hobby stuff you think? I dont know what.

Hey that reminds me. My dad has a giant light table that was for big film aerial photos. Its kinda obsolete now with google earth and gps, but would it be useful for some kind of hobby stuff you think? I dont know what.
Hey there's got to be something. It's sort of a unique treasure. Good height like a drafting table.
It's a perfectly flat glass surface... I keep thinking if nothing else I would want to use that for a gluing surface for some things maybe... Dunno...
Before you trash it, would you use it just for a workbench surface? Not a cutting surface of course, but like any other workbench? Is it too thick with the light fixtures under the glass?

I agree 100%. There is absolutely nothing nerdy about an old drafting table. Just total coolness. Most of my projects start on this 60X40 board. All I need now is a waterbed, black lights and a disco ball for the magic to flow.
Hey you add those other atmospheric accessories and an awesome stereo and the magic will flow faster than you can keep up with.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You might even want to install a mirrored ceiling...

Scotto

Elite member
It's a perfectly flat glass surface... I keep thinking
...Well thanks but dont try too hard. Its more just a framework for piece of plexiglass with a flourecent light under it lol. Im ok with it being junk I guess and it certainly isnt in danger anytime soon either lol. Just hoarders I guess.

Scotto

Elite member
Hey you add those other atmospheric accessories and an awesome stereo and the magic will flow faster than you can keep up with.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You might even want to install a mirrored ceiling...
I just had another "geniius" idea. Mirrored ceiling fan blades. Perfect easy upgrade. I searched and came up empty. I didnt check pimpmyfan.com yet but Im surely not the first person to think of this.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
aaaahhh guys... what is this thread meant to be about? if i remember correctly... it was about plane building rooms/ workshops...'
not bikinis and boats:LOL: