It's That Time Of Year Again: Snow Skimmer Shenanigans!

The Ripper V2 is almost ready . It was easier to make a V2 than make the mods I wanted to the original. You guys want to get your game on :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Woo hoo!
Darn, we've got a good fair bit of snow scheduled for this weekend, but I ain't trying to fly or "skeet" anything @20 degrees and 30mph winds. Pfththth.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
The 3D printer’s up and running again, although I’m still tuning for ASA and am limited on when I can print it because of the smell, so I’ll probably have complete ducts tomorrow. I’m also going to 3D print the outboard skis which will be attached to the bdf’s. I’m trying to make sure everything works before I start cutting into my limited water resistant foam board.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
The first parts came out great, ASA’s surprisingly easy to print, but before I print the rest I want to test them to make sure they’re durable enough. I think a single pylon should be strong enough, but I want to be sure before I potentially waste plastic on the other side’s parts. I’m also going to try and program in roll control sort of how multirotors do yaw, spooling up the two motors spinning one way and throttling down the others, although I may not have enough channels on my transmitter.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’ll probably change the alignment slot so to make the front half more rigid. Instead of it being a cut like it is now, it’ll be a “groove” where the wall moves out, only leaving the small bit at the bottom for the motor wires to stick out full cut through.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
WOOT WOOT! ICEmageddon has turned in to Sleetmageddon and will probably progress into SnowMageddon over night. Off work tomorrow so there should be some skmmin' done tomorrow in the hood!

EDIT:
PS> I tried to form a ramp by the driveway as I was shoveling tonight. LOL!

Attachments

• Sleetmageddon.jpg
    Sleetmageddon.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
After testing I need to make some parts of the rear bdf stronger (mostly because it has to be printed with 1 perimeter instead of 3, and infill isn’t as strong), and some guide holes for drilling through where the pylon attaches to the front bdf. That hole will be used for the pin that will keep the bdf unit from sliding out. I’m also making a aero tube cutting jig.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
WOOT WOOT! ICEmageddon has turned in to Sleetmageddon and will probably progress into SnowMageddon over night. Off work tomorrow so there should be some skmmin' done tomorrow in the hood!

EDIT:
PS> I tried to form a ramp by the driveway as I was shoveling tonight. LOL!

this was two days ago after a big melt off. The snow is now back over the storm drain in the yard and starting to cover the seat on the picnic table. We had a visitor come thru going balcony to balcony begging for treats. I was in the bedroom playing my guitar when she bopped by and stopped to listen for a few minutes nosing the air. she then proceeded back up to the other building she passed on the way in and was there a good 5 minutes nosing the air and stomping her feet like she was challenging someone.

Then she slowly went back by and over into the neighbors yard to pester their dogs and bounce around having a ball with them.

20220130_170830.jpg

20220130_170843.jpg

20220130_171318.jpg

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
this was two days ago after a big melt off. The snow is now back over the storm drain in the yard and starting to cover the seat on the picnic table. We had a visitor come thru going balcony to balcony begging for treats. I was in the bedroom playing my guitar when she bopped by and stopped to listen for a few minutes nosing the air. she then proceeded back up to the other building she passed on the way in and was there a good 5 minutes nosing the air and stomping her feet like she was challenging someone.

Then she slowly went back by and over into the neighbors yard to pester their dogs and bounce around having a ball with them.

View attachment 217897

View attachment 217898

View attachment 217899
This is a daily thing where I live and there are usually 5 or 6 of them every time, makes me wish I was still a hunter LOL. The wife doesn't like guns so I will leave it at that. Beautiful animals that I have great respect for even though they eat my garden every year regardless of what type of deer resistant plants we put out there LOL. Price we pay for taking their space.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Well.... the snow is too light and it wants to dig in rather than skim, but I DID get some ICE skimming on the driveway after shoveling all the snow off...

Did some more off camera out on the street and it RIPS! Unfortunately they salted the street and it is all melty now.

Corsair714

We have lots of snow here. Around four feet in some places. Our trampoline is level with the snow. It's been so cold that I don't really want to drive my airled though. It was -38 yesterday without the wind chill. I built a gingerbread house around Christmas and smashed it with my airsled. It was pretty fun. I'll see if I can get a video on here.

Corsair714

Well.... the snow is too light and it wants to dig in rather than skim, but I DID get some ICE skimming on the driveway after shoveling all the snow off...

Did some more off camera out on the street and it RIPS! Unfortunately they salted the street and it is all melty now.
That's awesome. Too bad they salted the street. They're fun to do speed runs with.