Kraken Keel Fairing

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
I wanted to finish off the belly of my kraken and here's what I came up with...
I didn't want to fuss with tools for any fasteners so I slapped another paint stick on top. Drilled 1/8" holes so I could hot glue bungie cord secure. The cord will conform to whatever shape, I can make changes later.
Justin

Last edited:

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
21 1/4" long 1 1/4" tall 2" center strip with sides angling out to a width of almost 4". Hot glued seems of foam board after the taped shape looked like I wanted it to.
Justin

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
Got a fatter battery(1lbs), needed a taller faring. Came up with an improved latch. Holds battery against bottom of fuselage and a small velcro strip keeps it from sliding off the CG. Fast, no tools required, strong enough to hold the new battery just fine.
Justin

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
Version 2 looks better. I like the idea of the extra security the skewers add.

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
Open the pod bay door HAL

Here we go again! :black_eyed: 15" (38cm) in length. 2.5" in the center widens out to 4" this time. Going to hard mount it, then velcro close the flip up hatch. Batteries will be confined by the wing's lower skin and the three sides of the keel fairing. If long enough, will block/baffle the center so there will be a rear bay. (Open the pod bay door HAL)

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

I threw it in the copy machine, before I hotglued it together, and made a PDF for the fairing end. It shows the angles involved. Can't figure out how to uplift a PDF in this post. :(

Justin

Last edited:

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
This round I hot glued the faring and made the nose removable. I'll add Velcro and padding to give the battery a snug fit.

I'm thinking camera in the nose cone.