Micro/Mini one sheet quarantine build off

Yusernaym

20200923_175122_HDR.jpg

I found yet another challenge that the Stiletto qualifies for. Pictured is the current prototype, which has had a lot of changes from its first version. I'm going to get started on the next revision soon. It'll have an airfoil, slightly wider wing, and otherwise be very similar to this one.

Yusernaym

The Stiletto has its elevons right in front of the rear motor, making them blown control surfaces. It makes things a little challenging, as your control authority is tied directly to your throttle input. At lower speeds, you have less control, and at high speeds it gets twitchy. If I could mix a dual rate to the throttle, that would solve it, but I don't know that it's doable with my setup. I generally don't consider it an issue, but it is something to think about.

Yusernaym

yeah, the blown control surfaces are one of the only reasons the Stiletto flies as well as it does. It would have basically zero pitch authority without them. It just makes things a little too responsive at high speeds, but that can be solved with a better dual rate.

GrizWiz

Elite member
yeah, the blown control surfaces are one of the only reasons the Stiletto flies as well as it does. It would have basically zero pitch authority without them. It just makes things a little too responsive at high speeds, but that can be solved with a better dual rate.
Yup

Sounds like a quick fix would be lots of expo, no?