Micro/Mini one sheet quarantine build off

Morgajus

How do I re/calibrate it? Is that the throttle fiddling that I did when I first plugged it in?
or do you mean the bl_heli firmware flasher thing? (this esc is definitely not fancy enough to interface with that app.)

I replaced the ESC and motor for a ~B pack equivalent and a 30 amp esc. It's got almost a 1:1 PWR but I had to increase the size of the empennage and it flew like it was tail heavy no matter how forward I moved the battery [CG was almost on the leading edge (o_O) ]

Video will be posted eventually...

I have a hunch that the CG issue has more to do with the wing "shape" rather than the actual tail weight. I think it kinda looked like a nutball: super high alpha, really "rolley", weirdly fast looking.
Gonna have to rebuild the fuselage and figure out landing gear before I can fly it again.

Side note: I had an idea for a pusher prop with a "suspended" power pod. Doodle below.
Doodle V1.png

The concept would not be an aerobatic model, obviously.

OliverW

Legendary member
there are plans I just havent uploaded them yet. I got overwhelmed with school work and FT forums kind of fell behind on my part. My beta build flys awesome, where as @SquirrelTail 's didnt fly very good. He can explain that. I am gonna do a test build tonight or tomorrow and maiden it Friday while I am out at the flying field
It flew pretty well! Mine was just a bit heavy lol

Morgajus

Here is part of the maiden attempt (I wasn't clear with the camera instructions... sorry)
Can anyone think why my plane would fly like it was tail heavy when the cg is 20% or less from the leading edge? I haven't been able to repair/rebuild the fuse since the maiden but I'm not sure how to adjust it. it is torn and bowed pretty badly currently

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Here is part of the maiden attempt (I wasn't clear with the camera instructions... sorry)
Can anyone think why my plane would fly like it was tail heavy when the cg is 20% or less from the leading edge? I haven't been able to repair/rebuild the fuse since the maiden but I'm not sure how to adjust it. it is torn and bowed pretty badly currently
Could your incidences be off? You also might just have been over controlling the elevator, or you have too much throw.

Morgajus

Could your incidences be off? You also might just have been over controlling the elevator, or you have too much throw.
Simply put, I have no incidences... at least not at first, then I had a bit of negative on the empennage due to damage bowing the whole fuselage upwards.
But if the wing and tail are in the same plane, isn't incidence less important? (I could be very wrong, just trying to remember my aircraft design courses)

The throw is probably too high too, I have them set up to cut off at 25-30 degrees when I'm at full on my radio after 30% expo... I had to increase the size of the tail control surfaces threefold because the typical trainer ratios gave no control, even up to 45 degrees of throw.
The polyhedral was rolly even without aileron input so I have those set at like 10 degrees.

I will try all of these suggestions when i am able to take it out next. Thank you for the advice.

Side note: my backordered FTspear and bits finally arrived, so I must try to focus on one plane at a time...

Vimana89

Legendary member
Here's my micro Hawk Moth being built and next to the original. It weighs about 225g and is full 4ch with a simplified KF air foil and flies nice. It has a 20" wing span and 20" length with the chord/thickness of the wings at 4.5" , as opposed to the original's wing which is a bit over 30" in span and about 27-28" in length with a 6" chord. I used some white foam scraps from another sheet but pretty sure the whole plane can be cut from the same sheet if desired.

Attachments

• IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1570.JPG
    IMG_1570.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0