mighy mini LOOPING LOUIE!

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Now, weather is quite bad with cold winter winds, this is defenetly a summer plane. I took the time for some repairs, upgrades and paint. I tried to form the wingtips back to their original shape and made a new cowling piece. I also found out that markers, especially Eddings, which are well known waterproof markers in germany, hold on the brown foamboard pretty well, so I started painting the plane. I want to warp aluminum foil around the exhausts to give them a metal look and build a better Louie pilot figure. I also extendet the horizontal stab for more stability and better looks, they were pretty smal because they were smal on the toy plane, too, and I had a lot of stability problems, especially on low speeds. Ant Im learning to create plans for everyone to rebuild this thing.

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
News! After painting, I took it to a flight and when I trimmed it, I couldnt identify its position and it went down. Im loosing more and more props, on this plane I have broken more props than batteries charged. Thats how the plane looks like now:
Screenshot_2018-03-21-19-05-47.png
And thats how the pilot looks like:
Screenshot_2018-03-21-19-05-55.png
But if you put all the parts in order, you get a pretty neat result:
Screenshot_2018-03-21-19-06-04.png
So I think its totally rebuildeble. And now im asking you: should I repair the crashed plane or should I build a new one? I could do some upgrades like the battery mount or the elevator, which I extendet, but not replaced. I will defenitly build another one from the plans, when I learn to work with the programm, I could finish them at the weekend.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I'd say glue it back together so you can fly it a little more and see if there is anything else flight characteristic wise you can learn from it, and then move all the electronics into a new frame :)

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Fixed it! pictures coming tomorrow, but I broke my firewall, so I have to make a new powerpod. I also addet a few things around the cockpit like a windshield and Ill probably add landing gear too. Pictures coming tomorrow. And now are holidays, and I m already planning my next two planes: mini Bushwhacker and a twin mini seaplane. They will have a few interesting details, so you can expect awesome stuff in the future!

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Cool project! I saw a few posts back that you are interested in making plans, I have heard that scetchup is a great program for them. Another one is double cad, which is the program I use. LocalFiend has a great thread on it, but I'll have to link it later, I have to get to a job interview now.

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Ok, hete they come:
Screebshots from the video:
Screenshot_2018-03-19-11-35-27.png
Screenshot_2018-03-19-11-37-14.png
New cokpit:
Screenshot_2018-03-24-11-18-57.png
Screenshot_2018-03-24-11-19-06.png
With a closed canopy, it looks like a much bigger airplane:
Screenshot_2018-03-24-11-19-24.png
But when our pilot sits in, it becomes pretty small:
Screenshot_2018-03-24-11-19-42.png

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I think the new cockpit left open looks good. Just don't change the expression on the face of the pilot - it's perfect.

DamoRC

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
New pictures! Still waitng for better weather.
Screenshot_2018-03-28-10-46-58.png
Screenshot_2018-03-28-10-47-25.png
I tried to make a new 3D pilot figure with googely eyes, but it looks more like a pirate skull than a pilot.
Screenshot_2018-03-28-10-47-13.png