• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mini Scout is Brilliant.

basslord1124

Got my 2nd flight in recently.

Still has a bad tendency to go left, although not as bad. Did a glide test prior to the flight and it was actually very good. Went right where I pointed it. So I'm thinking I may need to adjust the motor thrust angle. At the end of the flight after I had trimmed it as best I could. Both rudder and aileron's right trim was in the mid 40s (using a Spektrum DX6).

FastCrash45

Still has a bad tendency to go left, although not as bad. Did a glide test prior to the flight and it was actually very good. Went right where I pointed it. So I'm thinking I may need to adjust the motor thrust angle. At the end of the flight after I had trimmed it as best I could. Both rudder and aileron's right trim was in the mid 40s (using a Spektrum DX6).
I was given DX5e. I know now why he has it to me. Idiot dumped super glue on the trim button for the ailerons!! I have to use the rudder channel on thr throttle side. In the long run it will be a good thing when I switch to 4 channel flyers. Receiver is bad for my 4 channel so waiting to fix that soon. I do hsve a couple regular 72m fm radios but with the way things are that could be a glitchy and twitchy idea.

basslord1124

I was given DX5e. I know now why he has it to me. Idiot dumped super glue on the trim button for the ailerons!! I have to use the rudder channel on thr throttle side. In the long run it will be a good thing when I switch to 4 channel flyers. Receiver is bad for my 4 channel so waiting to fix that soon. I do hsve a couple regular 72m fm radios but with the way things are that could be a glitchy and twitchy idea.
If you dont care, I'd remove all power from it and try a little bit of acetone. Acetone will break down super glue. But like you said, that is a good teaching tool so you can transition to 4 channel.

FastCrash45

If you dont care, I'd remove all power from it and try a little bit of acetone. Acetone will break down super glue. But like you said, that is a good teaching tool so you can transition to 4 channel.
I think I'd have to take the trim button out and soak it. That glue looks like it went deep. I'll just train myself to use the rudder on the actual rudder channel. Mighty as well since I should be going 4 channel soon. If I ever get a day to fly that is😐

Arcfyre

I feel like I must be in the minority, preferring the full sized scout to the mini.

I will say this though. Of all the minis I've built (mustang, corsair, scout) the scout flies the best.

slipshift

Can you get a replacement trim button? Seems like that is the best way to go. Soak plastic in acetone you might end up with a gooey mess.

Jim

FastCrash45

Can you get a replacement trim button? Seems like that is the best way to go. Soak plastic in acetone you might end up with a gooey mess.

Jim
Problem with that is they are dicontinued. I've got a request in to spektrum about it. Just waiting for a reply. I haven't tried the acetone soak for exactly the reason you said. It will turn it into a gob of goo

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

Alright! I love your flying style. Nary a straight line in it! I've got launch at 0:26 and landing at 3:18. Total flight time, two minutes and fifty-two seconds! Time to update the LeaderBoard! (y)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I feel like I must be in the minority, preferring the full sized scout to the mini.

I will say this though. Of all the minis I've built (mustang, corsair, scout) the scout flies the best.
Nah, it's not a preference thing. I had A-Packs and then built the Mini Scout, threw a challenge out to mayan and he opened it to the world. We're just having fun with it.