My way of scratchbuilding from ground up.

leaded50

Legendary member
We should all put a dollar in the hat and ship you the Readi-Board from Dollar Tree, see what you think. :)
Ha.ha. One of the bad things with the FT boards, its if doing a minor adjustemnt after some og the part is glued, for sure you get a wrinkle.
The types ive tried otherweis in Europa dont, you can try shape it extra a little and no wrinkle if not a big adjustment.

leaded50

Legendary member
but.....okay , i build the Douglas 312 just today (prototype design only got to paper) wigspan: 1280mm.
Ok, its "some work" back, but at least its quite complete made, as plan to try glide it tomorrow from my new appartment in second floor :)

leaded50

Legendary member
you wants a tinted canopy...and only thing you have is clear plastic.... Clear laquor with just a small drop or two eg. black, into and sprayed on inside, will make a tinted effect on the windows

leaded50

Legendary member
The FT foamboards ive got, was from a guy giving up, bought the box in Norwegian shop. My usual type foamboard used doesnt have a name, only thats delivered by a company called "Panduro".

Rhaps

Elite member
The FT foamboards ive got, was from a guy giving up, bought the box in Norwegian shop. My usual type foamboard used doesnt have a name, only thats delivered by a company called "Panduro".
Thanks, getting foamboard is constant pain in the neck. I actually ordered a box of FT board from US but the price more than doubles on the way :mad:. Also if you prefer different brand maybe I need to broaden my horizons. I checked the Panduro website but my Swedish is pretty much nonexistent at the moment. Guess I'll need to check local hobby shops.

leaded50

Legendary member
Thanks, getting foamboard is constant pain in the neck. I actually ordered a box of FT board from US but the price more than doubles on the way :mad:. Also if you prefer different brand maybe I need to broaden my horizons. I checked the Panduro website but my Swedish is pretty much nonexistent at the moment. Guess I'll need to check local hobby shops.
Google translate........ :LOL: