OFFICIAL Bixler thread!!!

asoulsdream

I just wanna know if I can buy replacement foam parts,,,not worried about the electronics but really need more wings, fuse's,elevators, and rudders.... I would love to see a landing gear kit cuz Im not a big fan of skid landing on anything, even grass.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The motor might have been overheated, causing damage to the windings. There could be bad solder connections. That batch of planes could have gotten a different motor. The throttle end points might not be set correctly (which if it's a RTF radio, there might be nothing you can do about that, other than putting a good system in it.)

There's a few ideas, of what could be wrong.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
This is what I want to do to my Bixler! I'm still trying to figure out how he attached the motors.

This is my interpretation:

bixlerdualmotor.jpg

You could use plywood instead of foam for more strength.

( OFF TOPIC: When I watch RCPowers, I long for FliteTest... )

elemental

This is my interpretation:

bixlerdualmotor.jpg

You could use plywood instead of foam for more strength.

( OFF TOPIC: When I watch RCPowers, I long for FliteTest... )

I used to love rcpowers,but now when i watch it im like" i wonder if a new flitetest is up yet"

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I wouldn't think the tx/rx would make a difference but since you have your own, why not check it out and see. That should point you in the right direction having done that check.

Yair

Spare parts?

The "kit" is about 36$... And you get everything you can break.
The only thing i was able to break was carbon wing spar - i dont think you should be worried about spare parts.

Good Kebo

Slightly bent the motor shaft on my Bixler. Plane still flies well even with my camera strapped to it. But ....at certain rpms it causes alot of vibration which messes up any movies I might be taking.

So is it possible to repair motor and can you get relacement parts/shaft for original motor?

PaulT

Mentor
Speaking of motors, I have searched everywhere for a direct replacement.
The best I can come up with is the motor for the AXN Floater listed at HK ( http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18198 )
Can anyone suggest a modest upgrade without redoing the motor mounting drastically?
Or is this the best choice?
My two Bixlers are still flying ok ( although one has seen what can only be described as a catastrophic event at 500 feet and a
subsequent perfectly executed single point landing)
Thanks all

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
LOL,, Mabye I can fix it! I would love to see a twin Bixler-----did that come out right??!!

Done...

Boy, I'm gone for a few days, and you guys have a list of things for me to do. :D

Oddly enough, I didn't see any Bixlers at the fly in I went to. I want to see that changed by next year! (I know, I didn't even have one. I wish I did!)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Slightly bent the motor shaft on my Bixler. Plane still flies well even with my camera strapped to it. But ....at certain rpms it causes alot of vibration which messes up any movies I might be taking.

So is it possible to repair motor and can you get replacement parts/shaft for original motor?

I've never bent a shaft but I've broken many a prop. My buddy Ryan on the other hand has hardly broken any props if ever but bent many shafts. Replacing them was fairly easy. It generally involves loosening two set screws, removing one clip, and sliding it out.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I used to love rcpowers,but now when i watch it im like" i wonder if a new flitetest is up yet"
Me too! RCPowers needs to get back to the way they used to film videos...Dave and Kieth in the field crashing and testing and repairing and stuff. Now Dave's videos are just infomercials for him trying to sell his "Ultimate RC Course". THANK GOD, Flitetest came on the scene!!!

elemental

Me too! RCPowers needs to get back to the way they used to film videos...Dave and Kieth in the field crashing and testing and repairing and stuff. Now Dave's videos are just infomercials for him trying to sell his "Ultimate RC Course". THANK GOD, Flitetest came on the scene!!!
Right!!!!!!Dave used to be awesome, but now he is like a billy mays!!lol

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I concur. SuperDave as I called him was a lot of fun. The one that hooked me on his vids was the flying bus. I still check his stuff and value his advice, but it's not like it was at all.

It was his recommendation that prompted my son to buy me my first ever rc plane, the Wild Hawk, soon to return to action.

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Here is a shot of my Bixler (AKA the Fixler :black_eyed:), with its pilot aboard. 2011-10-20_11-05-31_323.jpg
It is about time to order another one, but I will need another Gremlin sticker first........, you hear that Chad!:D