OFFICIAL Bixler thread!!!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Jetpackninja .... I actually was looking at this but the length was way to long. I have ordered the axn floater motor to see if it will be ok. I have two Boxler's and the new one just looks and sounds like it might crater soon, so a spare is in order.
yeah- that may not be the same one I used in the Easy- whichever on it was didn't hang out past the end of the pod.
If I can find the exact link I'll post it again. HobbyKing used to have a 2200 inrunner that was a drop in replacement on an EZ* Do you know if the motor pod is the same length? I haven't seen a Bix in person (plane or Josh)

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Here's a nice picture I found on hobbyking.com
231468952X503807X41.jpg

prateek13

I love my Bixler!
I recommend to replace the original flimsy prop.I have cut and balanced a 8x4 to fit the plane and give a long flying time, great speeds and my red brick 25amp ESC remains cool.

302581_276893532344804_100000724775728_917997_1848407459_n (1).jpg

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I will be watching the US warehouse for the return of the Bixler ARF. Hopefully they'll restock soon!

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Let me know how that MJv3 does in your Bix...I've been considering one...I'm going to try the APC 6x4e prop on the stock motor first...supposed to be pulling like 174 amps.

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
Let me know how that MJv3 does in your Bix...I've been considering one...I'm going to try the APC 6x4e prop on the stock motor first...supposed to be pulling like 174 amps.
Ok will do. I want to know how that 6x4e does on the stock motor before I go mjv3

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
That was a fun video! For a moment there I though you were about to land in the water... maybe it's time to experiment with floats on your Bix.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Whoa! You scared me for a few good times there!
I agree with bicyclemonkey, why not get floats for the bixler? That way you could take off and land from the river (if the current is not too strong)

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Whoa! You scared me for a few good times there!
I agree with bicyclemonkey, why not get floats for the bixler? That way you could take off and land from the river (if the current is not too strong)

I have seen a video of someone doing that. You know in Germany you have the Easystar and the Fox. Both are from Multiplex as many of you know and the Easystar is practically pretty close to the Bixler. The Fox is a small glider that you throw only but it has a similar size to the Hobbyking Mini Swift!

So what I saw is that someone took the wings of a Fox/Mini Swift and just glued them under the Easystar/Bixler and that thing flew over water and landed and all pretty good as well.