Programming Naze32

Delonous

Hi,
I was looking into buying a versacopter v2 and using the naze32 setup. Before I invest in all of this, I was curious on programming the flight controller. Since I have a cheap transmitter, it doesn't have a screen or any of those types of functions. Just the basic controls with a few toggle switches. My main concern is that FliteTest used some programming on the transmitter to get the quad working properly, I was wondering if it's possible to get around that using the Naze because I can't really program my transmitter. Hopefully that was a clear question.
Thanks for the help.

If it helps I have the hobbyking transmitter/receiver combo. I feel like I'm being laughed at now for using that cheap stuff.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Hi,
I was looking into buying a versacopter v2 and using the naze32 setup. Before I invest in all of this, I was curious on programming the flight controller. Since I have a cheap transmitter, it doesn't have a screen or any of those types of functions. Just the basic controls with a few toggle switches. My main concern is that FliteTest used some programming on the transmitter to get the quad working properly, I was wondering if it's possible to get around that using the Naze because I can't really program my transmitter. Hopefully that was a clear question.
Thanks for the help.

If it helps I have the hobbyking transmitter/receiver combo. I feel like I'm being laughed at now for using that cheap stuff.

Which HK TX/RX combo? There are several. The HK-T6A is actually programmable and v. cheap. You just need the programming cable and the PC software and it has all the basics you need - it's only really missing expo

However while it is more convenient for some things you don't really need a programmable TX to fly a multi-rotor. All the smarts of a multirotor are in the FC and you only need 4 channels to fly it around. It is convenient to have a switch to arm the motors but you can use the throttle stick. The same goes for flight modes but using the sticks to switch modes is a bit more dubious and a switch is far superior. However switching modes in flight is not required, just a good feature to have. The difficulty you may run into is getting the throttle channel endpoints to arm the motor ESCs. This can be adjusted in Cleanflight but may mean you have to dig a little deeper in CleanFlight to get things to work.

I should say I haven't done this since I have a Taranis so I'm just going by what I have know clean flight does from its documentation. All RC TXs basically work the same way sending signals on channels that are designed to control servos and the Flight Controllers translate this into what they need.