Simple FPV

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Well here it is. We listen to our viewers and everyone wants to know what FPV system we use. In this episode, we talk about our FPV gear as well as show you how it works. If you haven't tried FPV yet, you don't know what your missing out on.

<h3><span style="font-size:14px;" data-mce-style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;" data-mce-style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;"><strong>900MHZ 200mW Tx/Rx &amp; 1/3-inch CCD Camera NTSC</strong></span></span></h3>http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=13438&amp;aff=247441

<span style="font-size:14px;" data-mce-style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;" data-mce-style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;">BEV 1.2GHz 200mW transmitter for FPV</span></span>

http://www.bevrc.com/bev-12ghz-200mw-transmitter-for-fpv-p-42.html

<h3><span style="font-size:14px;" data-mce-style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif;" data-mce-style="font-family: arial,helvetica,sans-serif;"><strong>Wide Angle Lens (</strong><strong>2.1mm)</strong></span></span></h3>http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&amp;cPath=6&amp;products_ id=27

see_article.png

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 0

BindNFly

is that a plywood base?

Attachments

• Toni Thumb.jpg
    Toni Thumb.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Slick Trick Thumb.jpg
    Slick Trick Thumb.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Quick Trick Thumb.jpg
    Quick Trick Thumb.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Model Aircraft 20161002-29.jpg
    Model Aircraft 20161002-29.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Model Aircraft July 2016-10.jpg
    Model Aircraft July 2016-10.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Misc 20161016-1_edited-1.jpg
    Misc 20161016-1_edited-1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1
  • 05292016-1.jpg
    05292016-1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 0

PiperCub49

Hello, guys! Here a quick question to throw out there: I'm normally a balsa guy myself, so I can't afford to ditch a plane because of a dodgy signal. Do we have any clues at to what is causing the video to drift in and out? Maybe it's an antenna problem, a voltage problem, or simply system limitations?

Thank you,
PC49

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
I have just started researching the gear involved for FPV tonight, and I have a question about the recommended set-up above. Why the link for the 1.2 GHz transmitter (bevrc), if the HK system already comes with one?

Last edited:

Johntra

I have just started researching the gear involved for FPV tonight, and I have a question about the recommended set-up above. Why the link for the 1.2 GHz transmitter (bevrc), if the HK system already comes with one?

I was wondering the same thing. I am thinking maybe the rx also receives that bandwidth cause it has 12 ch? and the tx is only a 4 ch transmitter? its just a guess. I am trying to get one for xmas so ill test it out and see why.

PaulT

Mentor

Johntra

It was my understanding that 1280 MHz was the only freq that was allowed in the states in that bandwidth.

Derrick_Miller

Johntra,

I am just getting into fpv flight myself, my understanding is that the following frequencies are legal in the United States:

900 mHz
1280 mHz
2.4 gHz
5.8 gHz

Now the question that I have, if anyone can answer, what operates in and around the 1.3 gHz range?

nene

Can someone please post the setup of the Swift on the video? motor, esc, prop, battery. I'm planing to build one for simple FPV. Thanks

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Nene, I had this one in my favs:
http://youtu.be/zhDZd6cDPK4
Good example to see where you put all the fpv stuff.

I believe you can use the standard motor/esc/prop setup with a larger cap lipo.
Don't choose a high kv motor but a 1200/1400 max with largest possible prop to keep some punch.

Dragon link stuff is not necessary when you fly 1km to 2.5km max with a 5.8gHz 200/500mw system and some good CP antennas. When you use the turnigy 9x modded with some FrSky gear you'll have a nice 'beginners' setup.
Just my 2 cents.

nene

Thanks Burg. Great video. So its pretty much possible to use the setup I now have on my Swift, 30 amp ESC, 1800 kv motor, but with bigger battery? I am thinking of buying the 5,8 Ghz 200mW set from Hobbyking, then add a cloverleaf antenna to the video transmitter, and that's about it. I would also need a cheap, small and good camera. :) We all want that, don't we? :D No, seriously, what camera to buy? As cheap as possible, but not very low quality, something in between. :)

I am thinking of flying max 2km. I also only have the basic Turnigy 9x setup, so the range for start will be around 1km. I should and probably will soon upgrade to Frsky.

Burg

Never catch a multirotor
Nene, 500m in theory yes with 100mw in ideal conditions. 1.5km to 2km with CP antennas: no. Advantage of CP antennas is a much more solid connection, less glitches and therefor a little extended range. How much I cannot say. When you use FrSKY gear you must have 1.5-2km range. But not with this set. I remember Bruce from RCModelReviews did a review on YouTube for it ..

How far do you want to fly FPV ? I want 1 to 1.5km and choose the 5.8gHz 200mw set (usd65), CP antennas (usd35) and Turnigy 9x (usd40) with FrSKY gear (usd35). This cannot go wrong. I use a 7" LCD screen (usd 35). Total usd210. I might go for goggles some day, but I'm not sure yet. I find them quite expensive ..

nene

Thanks for the info. Probably a better solution, you are right. The only thing I like on Fatshark goggles is the inbcluded headtracker. But this can probably be done cheaper with a sports hat and a custom headtracker :)

On the RC305 I have two video exit, so I can use a TFT monitor and goggles for example. Or a recorder. That's a plus.

So the verdict is, the 5,8 ghz RC305 set, some better CP antennas and the camera you suggested me. I also already purchased a DIY Frsky module with a 5db antenna to get a little extra range on my radio.

Burg, I owe you a beer. :) I will get in touch with you if I ever go to Netherlands. :)