Votes: 37 92.5%
  • I'm not sure why I would want to do something like that

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • No way, it will be extra weight for just a few seconds of "smoke"

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Tench745

Master member
I was also thinking on something like the previous post but using only the wind to mix the powder
View attachment 235292 View attachment 235293
Of course, some kind of mechanism is needed in order to keep the powder inside the main compartment. Also with this design there is no need to extend this mechanism to the air intakes because the flow will prevent the powder to scape.
Looking at this, I wonder if you could use only half of it and make it look something like a p-51 oil cooler scoop.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
1676988538885.png

here is an explenation on how the P-51 mustang oil cooler scoop works

RedTwilight

David Hays used compressed air that blew into a container holding talcum powder (baby powder didn't work as well) on his Scale Masters winning cropduster.
It released air into the container of talc via a servo actuated valve on one tube. This forced the powder out through another tube and then was dispersed through the spray booms.

Attachments

• DSC_8895.jpg
    DSC_8895.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0

Apis

David Hays used compressed air that blew into a container holding talcum powder (baby powder didn't work as well) on his Scale Masters winning cropduster.
It released air into the container of talc via a servo actuated valve on one tube. This forced the powder out through another tube and then was dispersed through the spray booms.

Yes! There are cheap CO2 cartridges that could provide the flow gas, which is much smaller than the solution shown above.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Yes! There are cheap CO2 cartridges that could provide the flow gas, which is much smaller than the solution shown above.
Here in Cuba i dont have access to CO2 cartridges, but i would like to know about that. What about the weigh and how long can last a cheap one?

RedTwilight

At first he used the air canisters from the air powered retracts. Later on is when he switched to the larger construction tool air tank in the picture above.

chickenhawk

I have come to the decision to rethink my smoke system. I'am sort of happy with the 3 sizes of 3D printed ones work. But after having coffee with my flying buddies, I going to take what I have learned and see if I can design something that will work that can be built out of foamboard. No 3D printers, something that any one can build with they have laying around. Nothing fancy just something that will work.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
I have come to the decision to rethink my smoke system. I'am sort of happy with the 3 sizes of 3D printed ones work. But after having coffee with my flying buddies, I going to take what I have learned and see if I can design something that will work that can be built out of foamboard. No 3D printers, something that any one can build with they have laying around. Nothing fancy just something that will work.
That's the spirit!!!
i tried to make one with a small plastic soda bottle, it is very lightweight and pretty resistant, but it didn;t work.

JetCrafts

i have an idea tiny brushless coreless motor with a servo as a switch for off and on and also it being the switch for opening the smoke gates