Snarls Micro Brushed Quad - Build Log

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I'll have to try that out when I get some more motors. Luckily the FC claims to support 2s. Right now with 1s the hover throttle is a little above mid stick and it requires noticeably more throttle to recover from rolls and flips compared to a miniquad. Maybe switching to 2s will give flight characteristics closer to a miniquad in terms of response time.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Maybe if you do like I did with the gremlin and bump min throttle up a bit you keep the rpms to be able to better catch it coming out of flips n rolls. the Gremlin by normal set up is 1038 min throttle. I run it at 1060 or 1070 depending how windy things are outside. Makes it less apt to butt bomb as well as be able to fly grass top level in ground effect with not so much porpoising.

That was the last bit of testing I got in before the weather got bad and cold set in.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Thanks Psyborg I may just try that. I don't have any major issues with flying in prop wash and close to the ground, but I have a friend whose micro has horrible altitude and prop wash control. It could just be his PIDs, but I will also suggest the min throttle tip.