Tr33s

So is this the best use of $3?

Attachments

• C6F94F51-F710-42A7-944C-D4064923E13A.jpeg
    C6F94F51-F710-42A7-944C-D4064923E13A.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
So it’s time for the wing servo install. Sorry folks, I am so gonna crash this baby, so during this build I’m already getting the second one ready to cut out. I figure the first one is for practice... 😁
It's a distinct possibility. ;) If you've been following since the beginning, you saw how sketchy my first couple flights were. The Spitfire was just much more responsive and slippery than I was accustomed to. A few hard landings later, and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it, though crashing is definitely still an option! :p

Having a second one ready to glue is a good idea. I wish I did. I like the plane so much, I just know I'm going to have to build another when I destroy this one. :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Nothing really special about this one. I had the chance to fly again today, so I did. :)

After appreciating how great the Spitfire looks in the air, I thought my motor was pretty low in the plane. I came in low and slow, and it sure looked like that spinner was not where it was supposed to be! Turned out the whole front of the plane, where the powerpod goes over the skewers had come apart. The motor was just hanging by the skewer at the rear of the powerpod. The darn plane still flew wonderfully!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I flew mine today too. I successfully did an inverted hand launch! Then half a min. into the flight, dissaster struck... I was comeing in for a long inverted dive and didn't pull out of it quick enough. I can blame it on a lot of things, such as flying a completely brown plane after the sun had set (NOT a good idea! ;)) but it really was ultimately pilot error. The glow from the receiver light makes it look like it's on fire... :D:ROFLMAO:
spitfire.JPG

Wildthing

Legendary member
Well I flew mine today too. I successfully did an inverted hand launch! Then half a min. into the flight, dissaster struck... I was comeing in for a long inverted dive and didn't pull out of it quick enough. I can blame it on a lot of things, such as flying a completely brown plane after the sun had set (NOT a good idea! ;)) but it really was ultimately pilot error. The glow from the receiver light makes it look like it's on fire... :D:ROFLMAO: View attachment 147498
Ooops ,
It does look like a easy repair though :)

mayan

Legendary member
Well I flew mine today too. I successfully did an inverted hand launch! Then half a min. into the flight, dissaster struck... I was comeing in for a long inverted dive and didn't pull out of it quick enough. I can blame it on a lot of things, such as flying a completely brown plane after the sun had set (NOT a good idea! ;)) but it really was ultimately pilot error. The glow from the receiver light makes it look like it's on fire... :D:ROFLMAO: View attachment 147498
Ouch that looks epic! I took out my Spitfire as well twice over the last two days. Once yesterday and the other today! Yesterday wasn't all that great and I crashed hard pretty fast after trying to do some manuveur. Broke the wing tip, totaled the firewall and had ripped out the front wing support. Today on the other hand was great, flew two batteries and just had a prefect outing, don't have it on video though :(. Will post the video of yesterday's outting when I have a chance to edit the footage.

chris398mx

Master member
Ooops ,
It does look like a easy repair though :)
Spitfires are pretty tough. I have had mine looking worse than this more than once. I agree with Wildthing, a little glue and support and she can fly again.