'SPIT' roasted FB

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Are we talking the original FT Spit or the new John Overstreet Spit (I have seen some prototype pics, but dont think its officially been released)? Sorry had to tease a little bit lol
splinter189 posted some awesome pics in this thread of the Spit they have goin on... and if you look close they are also working on F14A Tomcats with working sweeping wings... get excited

kilroy07

Legendary member
Are we talking the original FT Spit or the new John Overstreet Spit (I have seen some prototype pics, but dont think its officially been released)? Sorry had to tease a little bit lol
Here's a link to the post;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/spit-roasted-fb.59444/page-5#post-491958

As I heard it at FF, the Zero is next, then the P-38... then?

They have also upped the scale a tad for the Mustang from what I held at FF
IMG_9191.JPG (Thought really hard about just making a break with it at this point, but he was holding my phone!) :(
You can see details here;
(you "might" want to subscribe... unless you hate waiting for Awesomeness!!)... And you wonder why I haven't had time to start my Spit!! :LOL:

kilroy07

Legendary member
@kilroy07 - ask and ye shall receive! :D (working on a spinner to suit at the moment)!
Awesome!!! Thanks!

@kilroy07 - would you not just make regular sailplane flaps with the inner section of the TE?
Umm... 'cause the Spit had split flaps I guess...

@bracesport - It looks as if you a have a soaring site off your balcony.
Yea, what's up with that?.... I thought you were in the middle of "winter" there... that doesn't look like winter in Illinois!!!
IMG_5686.JPG

Um - small update! :cool: (need to tidy up the paintwork at the rear - this silver is unforgiving!

thinking, thinking, with building two - one stock and one not, I can add flaps to the second wing (luckily still a flat pack)!

View attachment 139368 View attachment 139370
Now that is looking really sharp!! You planning on using the Kiwi roundels? (Don't have to, but would be pretty cool!) ;)

bracesport

Legendary member
@FoamyDM - yes, we are 100.05m above sea level, but sadly there are houses just below (maybe when I am proficient)! o_O

@kilroy07 - um, yes, we can't complain about the winters here (other than all the wind and rain), but yes this morning was nice (shame it's a workday)!

@kilroy07 - yes I am planning to go with all the stickers you made!

Last edited:

Jimun

Elite member
Here's a link to the post;
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/spit-roasted-fb.59444/page-5#post-491958

As I heard it at FF, the Zero is next, then the P-38... then?

They have also upped the scale a tad for the Mustang from what I held at FF
View attachment 139360 (Thought really hard about just making a break with it at this point, but he was holding my phone!) :(
You can see details here;
(you "might" want to subscribe... unless you hate waiting for Awesomeness!!)... And you wonder why I haven't had time to start my Spit!! :LOL:
:p:p:p