Start UP! - a FREE 3D printable airplane

tomlogan1

Elite member
Printing is coming along well albeit slowly. I've never built a pusher and have a question about the motor. I know the prop has the numbers facing front, but from the back looking at the motor should the direction still be counter-clockwise?

Thanks.

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Printing is coming along well albeit slowly. I've never built a pusher and have a question about the motor. I know the prop has the numbers facing front, but from the back looking at the motor should the direction still be counter-clockwise?

Thanks.
The propeller should face the same direction as it would on a tractor configuration. The rotation direction should also be the same. This results in the opposite motor direction than on a tractor.

tomlogan1

Elite member
Somewhere there was an "exploded" view of the plane with the starboard size being shown in pieces and the port side shown assembled. I've sort of used that to keep in perspective as the filament rolls through the printer but cannot recall where I saw it. It's not in this thread nor the two pdfs that came with the files. Anybody have an idea where that view is?

Thanks.

tomlogan1

Elite member
Somewhere there was an "exploded" view of the plane with the starboard size being shown in pieces and the port side shown assembled. I've sort of used that to keep in perspective as the filament rolls through the printer but cannot recall where I saw it. It's not in this thread nor the two pdfs that came with the files. Anybody have an idea where that view is?

Thanks.

RTFM

Page 1 ~ For some reason, Acrobat was not showing images. Rebooted and Eureka! there was the image I wanted on page one!