The big bang of Mustangs

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
This battery placement info is great for when I build my standard mustang. But I’ve got to figure out how this mini mustang will balance with the 9g servos and humongous battery:LOL:
I balanced my other 4s mustang with a 1300 all the way forward... And it had 5 grams in the tail and some weight (a few grams) in the nose.

Tazman

Hey all! I've been chatting with a number of you guys about my Mini Mustang I was planning on building, and several other members mentioned they were planning on building a Mini Mustang soon or had wanted one. As the discussion went on, there were mixed feelings on whether to do the Mini Mustang or the full sized Mustang. So, I decided to make this a group build where you can build whichever one you want - mini or standard! If you want to upscale it (or downscale it) go ahead! There was also talk of making a P-82, or twin Mustang. Experiment, go crazy, and have fun, but make sure to post it all here so we can see your work! Let's get the fun rolling! Oh, and a huge thanks to @buzzbomb for naming this thread! ;)
it sounds like fun, I used to fly planes lots in fact 14 years ago I started with planes, then what to heli’s, then stopped, I recently started back into the game with quads, but I would love a mustang, are we talking a mini electrics. I am interested in seeing what these little guys look like, speed and are they like indoor guys that fly like in large arena like places or are these outdoor flyers. Please count me in, I would love to see a kit, or if someone has some working plans. Anyway if someone can give me the goods on what this is all about and how I can get in on it please give me a shout.

Tazman

I was gonna suggest that as well, have to remove the pod for batt changes but it's almost like having to remove the hatch under the nose so it's six of one half dozen of the other,

Will you be able to slide the pod out enough without having to unplug the ESC from the Rx?
Thanks BatttleAxe, I am a big fan of the P51D, I tried to build a wooden model out of a kit, it was far over my head, I still have it after a great many years I simply do not have the experience to finish it, I need help and know no one that can help me unfortunately, it is a gas model, has retracts for landing gear, it could be a really nice plane if I could get it done, but perhaps one of these little guys might be more my speed and a good start to building.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If I can get some guidance, as I have never built scratch, always kits, and even then, not very good at kits that are complicated. But heck I would love to join in. Can someone please show me what one of these looks like and stuff.
All the info you need is in this link here. This is the mini then you can go up to the standard size. You can get various motor packs, speed build kits, free plans to scratch build, do modifications etc

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Here is the build vid for the mustang. You said you wanted to see what it looked like and what a kit would look like, so here is both! Also, he flies it at the end so you can see how fast it is. I don’t think that it would be a very good indoor flier. It is one of the faster minis.

Tazman

All the info you need is in this link here. This is the mini then you can go up to the standard size. You can get various motor packs, speed build kits, free plans to scratch build, do modifications etc
Thanks so much I will look into it, wish I lived closer to you guys it would be nice to fly together. It’s more fun for me in groups, I used to belong to a club, I have not been to one in years maybe time to start again.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
@Tazman I’d love to have you join! There are two ft mustangs - the mini Mustang and the standard sized Mustang. The standard sized Mustang is a bit bigger and this will be easier to fly, and fly slower. You can buy the precut kit or do cut it yourself. Here’s a link to the larger Mustang and here is a link to the mini Mustang. The power packs are a good value if you’ve never done airplanes before as they include some parts such as linkage stoppers and servo extensions that you will keep on using in different models. Since you fly drones, I’m pretty sure that the transmitter you have will work for the planes. Remember, we are all here to help you and will do the best we can to help you get it flying! Once you’ve gotten started let me know and I’ll add you to the second post. Have fun!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So the mini Mustang is all cut out and in pieces - probably not the last time lol😆🤣🤣
51A7E157-0A62-40EA-9CEE-2E5DE31F428C.jpeg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Canada, oooohhhhhh yuk, already zero, or -19 Celsius, my family jewels are freezing and well I am sad, got to fly indoors now, so I am doing the tiny whoop thing, and pining of the great out doors, I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada. Booooooooooo yuk cold.
Winterpeg you say... you got the worst of it there. Spent a few months there before, hence why I am back here lol. Have fun on the build and take pics, post your progress, then maiden it like you stole it... make sure to get vid of that too. We all like the entertainment :p:LOL: