TX options for kids around the age of 10

sirus06

Hi im a newb to rc aviation but not to rc and would like some advise on a decent(affordable) tranmitter for my duaghter with her hands being so small she may have a hard time with "standard" sized transmiters and the gimbles. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait to learn along with my kids. i might be more excited than they are.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...Ch_Mini_Transmitter_and_Receiver_Mode_2_.html have no experience of this but saw it on the Hobby King website. May be what you're after.

That looks like a great option. It has delta mixing built in so you'd be able to build any of the swappables for her to fly. Turnigy usually builds good stuff. Not sure if you need a specific Rx or if other brands would work.

Or, depending on what you want her to fly, a lot of RTFs come with small Txs. But those usually only work with the RTF plane which greatly limits what she can fly with it.

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
I have an hk 6s and if I had seen the turnegy first I would have bought it instead because it has the dual rates that mine doesn't have.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
Hmmm... interesting!! If I added a simple 2P2T switch in it on the centre cable of the horizontal axis of both gimbals, I could use it for V-tail on four channel models too!! Just have to remember to invert the aileron and the rudder channels on the receiver on that model in particular also... in fact, I would just use the "Mode1/Mode2" switch for the V mix, and leave it soldered permanently on mode 2!! Add that to the Dual Rates, I could use it lovely on a 3 axis V-tail slopesoarer with flaps on channel 3 and spoilers on channel 5!! Now I can start to hunt down the plans for a nice little balsa model to modify to go with it!! Nice for travelling light!!

ADDED TO MY LIST!!

Last edited: