Video games and other things to pass the time!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I usuallly play things like SimplePlanes and Space Engineers. Usually things that have to do with building and engineering.
I'm not really a gamer, I like blacksmithing and flying airplanes and quads the most.
Naw, we all know you’re a hard core gamer dude! :cool: You wouldn’t have a man cave like this just to watch flitetest...
BC9CBE2E-76AC-46D2-A618-57AAD6E55DCD.jpeg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I decided it was time to dig out one of my old guitars I rarely play. Its a BC Rich Mockingbird from 2005. I learned NEVER by a guitar when on drugs. (pain killers pre shoulder / neck surgery) Its a heavy beast but it just felt good to play. I never stood up to play it in the store which was also bad as it neck dives REALLY bad using stock strap position.

First thing I did was try and rebalance it. I ended up drilling 3 more holes before It found a happy place. Then since I have been watching a TON of Ben Crowe guitar builds from Crimson Guitars ( DO NOT go to that site you will end up binge watching his amazing work and lose a month or so of your life hehe) and learned more about setting up a guitar properly I went back and leveled all the frets and checked the neck for straightness and sorta polished the frets a bit. Once it was restrung I set the relief and the string heights. Once all that was done I went and redid the intonation using a meter and man it was pretty far off from the factory set up.

Been playing it on and off for a few weeks now and did some test recording with it and this is what I did the other day. Dont mind the crappy playing its the sound and tones of the setup that matter hehe.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I decided it was time to dig out one of my old guitars I rarely play. Its a BC Rich Mockingbird from 2005. I learned NEVER by a guitar when on drugs. (pain killers pre shoulder / neck surgery) Its a heavy beast but it just felt good to play. I never stood up to play it in the store which was also bad as it neck dives REALLY bad using stock strap position.

First thing I did was try and rebalance it. I ended up drilling 3 more holes before It found a happy place. Then since I have been watching a TON of Ben Crowe guitar builds from Crimson Guitars ( DO NOT go to that site you will end up binge watching his amazing work and lose a month or so of your life hehe) and learned more about setting up a guitar properly I went back and leveled all the frets and checked the neck for straightness and sorta polished the frets a bit. Once it was restrung I set the relief and the string heights. Once all that was done I went and redid the intonation using a meter and man it was pretty far off from the factory set up.

Been playing it on and off for a few weeks now and did some test recording with it and this is what I did the other day. Dont mind the crappy playing its the sound and tones of the setup that matter hehe.

I never really got into playing anything but that is a sweet guitar

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic

I'm very jealous of your amp rig! I've got a pretty small amp, 9 inch cone...

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I'm very jealous of your amp rig! I've got a pretty small amp, 9 inch cone...

Nothing to be jealous of really. Its only a 1982 Peavy mark IV bass head from the last band I played in sitting dormant on top of the stack. The cabinet is the only serious piece in the system which is a Peavy TX 810 that has 8 Kevlar cone 10" speakers that I rewired to be two columns of four speakers at 2 ohm impedance so it could be used with the old Crate 50 watt head I found in the local Good Will store for 34 dollars.

The cabinet is insane as I hooked it up one time after I had just bought it in 2000 as a graduation present to myself to a Crown CE4000 power amplifier. I was playing a 5 string bass at that time and ended up putting a 30 foot crack in the basement of a house with it that night. It was funny as the next day I was out in the yard and the neighbor lady was complaining about the trucks that came thru and knocked the nick knacks off her shelf in the middle of the night.

To be honest its wayyy over powered as it is on 50 watts now. I barely play above TV listening volume. (unless the other neighbors get to happy with the thumpty thump bass and I have to let them know I am king of sound here)

The videos are done with a cell phone sitting on the second drawer of my dresser with two studio monitors on top facing me as I play along. I am really surprised how good the sound is considering such a low volume. I have to be careful as I can get too close and you hear the acoustic sound of the strings as I play. Something as simple as sniffing or taking a deep breath can make it on the recording over the guitar as well.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Nothing to be jealous of really. Its only a 1982 Peavy mark IV bass head from the last band I played in sitting dormant on top of the stack. The cabinet is the only serious piece in the system which is a Peavy TX 810 that has 8 Kevlar cone 10" speakers that I rewired to be two columns of four speakers at 2 ohm impedance so it could be used with the old Crate 50 watt head I found in the local Good Will store for 34 dollars.

The cabinet is insane as I hooked it up one time after I had just bought it in 2000 as a graduation present to myself to a Crown CE4000 power amplifier. I was playing a 5 string bass at that time and ended up putting a 30 foot crack in the basement of a house with it that night. It was funny as the next day I was out in the yard and the neighbor lady was complaining about the trucks that came thru and knocked the nick knacks off her shelf in the middle of the night.

To be honest its wayyy over powered as it is on 50 watts now. I barely play above TV listening volume. (unless the other neighbors get to happy with the thumpty thump bass and I have to let them know I am king of sound here)

The videos are done with a cell phone sitting on the second drawer of my dresser with two studio monitors on top facing me as I play along. I am really surprised how good the sound is considering such a low volume. I have to be careful as I can get too close and you hear the acoustic sound of the strings as I play. Something as simple as sniffing or taking a deep breath can make it on the recording over the guitar as well.
Very cool 👍

marinajim

Well I also play video games to pass my time. I am currently playing Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Gamecube version and that too on my Android smartphone So, Basically, I was getting bored in the lockdown and I came to know that you can play GameCube games on your Android Smartphone. I simply installed the gamecube emulator and added the rom of POP The Sands of time and started playing it. My father bought me a Gamecube when I was little and I used to play a lot of games on it. So, it is more like a nostalgic experience. <3