RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
You could use Klonk image measurement (free version) to import the drawing (possibly) and then enter the properties dimensions into the ruler. After that, everything you measure will give exact length.

Klonk http://www.imagemeasurement.com/download (I had to register to use it, got a few emails from them afterwards but that's all, no bothersome requests to upgrade it). I used this program to calculate the measurements from a photograph of a foam plane that only had approximate measurments written in the photo text.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Break the drawing into squares and count. ;)

@RAM Cool program. Cuts out the manual work.

Thurmond

Jswan

I used 1/8" ply, cut out with a scroll saw. I used hot glue to put sections together, but have since found a better white glue called Weldbond from Ace hardware that I think is much stronger, but takes longer to set up. It was a very fun project and greatly expanded my modeling skills. Give it a try. Have fun and let me know if you have any other questions. Got it back together after not so good maiden. Gonna try it with a 5 cell this time and hope the ESC holds up. Should have used the 2800 kV motor instead of the 2300 but don't want to have to cut things up to get to it now.

Thanks for the reply!
I used 3m77 to laminate the 1" foam and glue the sections together.
For the templates I printed them out and used 3m77 to glue them to poster board
then cut out with scissors and 3m77'd them to the foam. Worked OK!
Just waiting for my EDF to arrive so I can finish (took your advice and went with the 2800KV motor).
Having a lot of fun with this project!

Jswan

Forgot to mention... use Adobe Acrobat 11 to view the pdf... then you can take a "snapshot" (edit/take snapshot) of the template you want to print... and it comes out correct size. Also the "edit/analysis/measuring tool" will give you the dimensions.

RCrazy

Acrobat 11

Yes, that's what I did as well and had mentioned it on David's build log. Have no idea what the scale is but the plans come out to the right size when doing the snapshot. Any photos of your progress?? Still haven't gotten mine back up yet, been very hot and/or windy here in SC.

kerrycorcoran

Forgot to mention... use Adobe Acrobat 11 to view the pdf... then you can take a "snapshot" (edit/take snapshot) of the template you want to print... and it comes out correct size. Also the "edit/analysis/measuring tool" will give you the dimensions.

This is exactly the information I was looking for. I just tested this process and it worked correctly. Hoping to find some time this weekend to start my build.

snolord1

Hi brothers, im new here but in no way a stranger to the rc world.
Been flying for 15yrs and building for 7.
I have built my bow as per the video. Im powering it with an old 16v train transformer which works pretty good.
Now I need to find this type of foam blocks. Thickest I could find here is 2 inches.
Any links on where to purchase these blocks?

RCrazy

Viggen Maiden

Well finally got her up in the air. Had to make a bungee launcher to successfully get it up, another fun project! Ended up using a 5s in it as the CS fan is kinda power hungry. Flies well but not what I expected after watching FT video. Have since had several flights with it and like pretty good. Kinda of a pain to set up the launcher and all that for a 3 minute flight. Enjoy the video. Please excuse my 83 year old father in law and his phone camera skills. He does pretty good for his years, and loves going out with me to fly. Builds a great foamy as well.

http://youtu.be/RPoHZBM3aYU

Last edited: