VR-1.1 Lutra - My First Design (second now) - Build Log

Timmy

Legendary member
I've tried to make a CL 415 before but got lazy about it. But this time I'm gonna finish the project! Hopefully me posting here will keep me from straying off doing other things. I've decided to go with a 3ch (due to lack of servos) and kinda ditch my old sketches.
Project Parameters:
I'll be checking stuff of as I incorporate them into the design.
-3ch ✔️
-2 servos ✔️
-C pack powered ✔️
-single engine ✔️
- ~ 800mm wing span (more like 1300mm now)
-removable wing
-swappable ✔️
-big wheels for grass landings
-Pusher (if possible, or at least a protected prop) ✔️
-Same flying style as the 3ch TT

Note: Project parameters are subject to change and any stage of the project

Credit to @Monte.C because his design gave me inspiration to start this thing.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
I've tried to make a CL 415 before but got lazy about it. But this time I'm gonna finish the project! Hopefully me posting here will keep me from straying off doing other things. I've decided to go with a 3ch (due to lack of servos) and kinda ditch my old sketches.
Project Parameters:
-3ch
-2 servos
-C pack powered
-single engine
- ~ 800mm wing span
-removable wing
-swapable
-Same flying style as the 3ch TT

Note: Project parameters are subject to change and any stage of the project

Credit to @Monte.C because his design gave me inspiration to start this thing.

Wish me luck!
Wait right there! Are you serious? I've had my eye on that plane for a while now. You're not allowed to build it because that's like stealing my idea!! (Even though I didn't tell anybody I liked it.)

Timmy

Legendary member
Wait right there! Are you serious? I've had my eye on that plane for a while now. You're not allowed to build it because that's like stealing my idea!! (Even though I didn't tell anybody I liked it.)
No I'm not gonna make a CL 415. I'm gonna do something new!
Although...:unsure:

Then what's it gonna be? I'm here trying to find the "dislike" button!!! Thief! And by the way stop reading my mind.

Timmy

Legendary member
Alright! I'm done drawing out one wing and the spar and I've come up with a name: the VR-1. I'm gonna quickly build a small wing section to see what I've come up with.

Timmy

Legendary member
BOOM! Wing cross-section:
P1130961.JPG
P1130963.JPG

Timmy

Legendary member
I have a sliver of hope getting more servos. I could trade my friend two 5g servos for 4 9g or 2 9g servos! He's more into minis and hes also has a lack of 5g servos so....maybe...

Last edited: