What would you like to see as the new FT scratch build aircraft.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
18ca57uu1hfh.jpg
Maybe this Libellula? It just looks fun. The cannard is the tricky part I think.

Crazy Goats

That does look cool. But guessing by how long they are taking with the Shinden (canard plane) it may not be a good idea to push this one. I have been experimenting with something like it though.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I am just a little disappointed but now I am understanding why such threads asking for a NEXT build from the FT crew appears to be ignored. To me it seems that almost everyone is requesting FT render the plane of their current dreams which in some cases have only flown in fantasy.

Looking around the existing articles from FT crew their tendency is normally towards conservatism which makes sense considering the cost of making kits and stocking the FT store, remember it is a business still. Having said that their is a path of progression of flying skills if careful choice is applied to selecting your builds from Newbie through to any level of proficiency you desire.

Whilst looking at my hangar in comparison to the FT offerings there were a few planes that FT does not offer from the store of which I am currently aware. A good STICK possibly with alternate wings for differing levels of performance and an introductory level EDF with good flying attributes at a slowish speed for newbies to make the transition.

So I alter my previously expressed wish by expansion and will give a small listing which is NOT ordered by personal preference of suitability for my chosen flight skill path.

1. EDF trainer, Slow to moderate speed - removable wings and EDF pod. Fuselage simple to construct and repair/replace.
2. True Stick with wings from glider to speed aerobatic.
3. A wardbird with functional retracts. Perhaps even a revisit to an existing design like the Mustang or Spitfire.

Whilst this small list could be added to with my "Planes of Desire" I make this post to hopefully suggest something that might eventuate as these items are high on my development list for those I teach to fly.

Thank you!

Later!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
The devastator has been done with success! search it on the forums, and you too can make it.

Oh, wait that is a micro scale. Do you have more info. There is a "full" size one here also.

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
i'd like to see a p-47 done would be a great challenge and to try and eliminate the use of poster board in the curved parts like FT was talking about in the podcast, and on the edf side maybe a f-16

Maxstudio

The devastator has been done with success! search it on the forums, and you too can make it.

Oh, wait that is a micro scale. Do you have more info. There is a "full" size one here also.

That's just a photo of a miniature for the table top game. But didn't know someone had done a devastator...way cool, thanks for the link! But i'm hoping for something with a speed build kit, LOL and there were lots of wild designed planes in the crimson skies game besides the devastator. that is always first that comes to my mind thou.

Maxstudio

How about a nice big build of something you don't see much of.....like....a Spruce Goose!

spruce_goose.jpg

Last edited:

captron360

Another idea

Ya know....Were not too far from making a quad that we could ride like a motor cycle. We may need 6 or 8 motors and it would cost a bit. But worth it? Something to think about.

kriswithak

kriswithak57
I would like to see the AVRO ARROW, worlds most advanced interceptor in the late 50's scrapped to the point of total demolition by Prime Minister John Diefenbaker in 1962. It was an amazing plane that fell into the pit of twisted mind sets and poor planning from a governmental perspective.

Old Fart

F16
F15
F22
F35
Easy to build and fly great with EDF
Wing design and loading gives the pilot a lot of control.
Even with RC
Landing many jets need to come in hot.
The 4 above can come in nice and slow.
Less crashing

ALSO: I am thinking 50 mm EDF units because Horizon Hobby has some really nice and inexpensive EDF units that are just perfect for the Flite Test size aircraft.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/fmmdf005
https://www.horizonhobby.com/fmmdf006

I plan to keep it as simple as possible so anyone can build the jets.
The math that is used to develop the ducting is a great learning process for all of you.
Maybe I will start a Forum about it.
When I learn how to do a Forum on Flite Test Forum :)

Remember: I am an old fart.

Last edited:

Duck

I would love to see a high endurance plane designed to go up and stay up for 40+ minute flights. The Spear can go awhile if you cram it full of extra batteries but it isn't very efficient. I would love to see what they come up with.

RMRC is carrying the nano goblin which is a 2s plane with advertised 60 minute flights. It carries a big battery (3300mah) to do so.
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/landing-pages/strix-nano-goblin

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
This a personal request of sorts but seems doable. Another biplane. They haven't done a "full size" FT biplane since the baby blender. The SE5 was a mini and they did the mini triplane. I would like something like a waco biplane, or a pitts, a christen eagle, maybe even a classic like an aeromaster bipe. I'm kind of on a biplane high right now from recently picking up a gorgeous Sig Sundancer, but I really think it would be cool as the baby blender is a pretty old design and they have really advanced in the foam building technique since then.

Justin