• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What would you like to see as the new FT scratch build aircraft.

Flite Test has designed so many great scratch built aircraft. I would love to see a new EDF jet. Maybe the FT-Sabre (F-86). What do you want to see as the next FT scratch build?

I'm working on a Beech Staggerwing design. I'm trying to keep it somewhat scale. And its going to be swappable with my FT Mustang and Baby Blender.

ASW92

Backyard Pilot
I agree on another jet. Hopefully something on par with Mesa or RC Powers. Way tired of mini planes!
I second the F-86 Sabre. Another jet I would like to see would be an A-6 Intruder.
I'm working on a Beech Staggerwing design. I'm trying to keep it somewhat scale. And its going to be swappable with my FT Mustang and Baby Blender.
I think all of these are actually great ideas. I think a combination of a swappable EDF version of a Staggerwing would be cool...a modern twist on an old classic.

The PT-19 Trainer Would Be Amazing!

Hey guys,

I've been tinkering with the hobby since I was 8 years old. I remember it so well. Under the Christmas tree was a vintage Cox PT-19 string line trainer with a .049 gas engine. It was the loudest and most irresponsible way to learn to fly anyone has ever come up with. I think my Dad and I must have crashed it a hundred times before we got it all the way around the circle.

I would love to see a foam version of the plane done with full controls rather than string line. If you know how this might be accomplished or can give me any advice it seems like a fairly simple build. This one will definitely bring back memories for a lot of people who love this hobby.

Cheers!

Hey guys,

I've been tinkering with the hobby since I was 8 years old. I remember it so well. Under the Christmas tree was a vintage Cox PT-19 string line trainer with a .049 gas engine. It was the loudest and most irresponsible way to learn to fly anyone has ever come up with. I think my Dad and I must have crashed it a hundred times before we got it all the way around the circle.

I would love to see a foam version of the plane done with full controls rather than string line. If you know how this might be accomplished or can give me any advice it seems like a fairly simple build. This one will definitely bring back memories for a lot of people who love this hobby.

Cheers!
I HAD ONE OF THOSE TOO! that would be cool!....I was actually just the other day talking about control line days with a childhood friend.......wonder how an electric control line plane would be? I was just thinking when we were talking about how i missed getting dizzy flying in a circle, LOL

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Mentor
If they do an EDF why not a simpler project with no real induction issues like a He162 Salamander.

A simple shoulder wing with the fan mounted on top of the fuselage.

split tail would be the only real challenge.

I feel like FT doing a salamander would be kinda like an FT Otter with an EDF and a split tail. It looks doable to me.

I would like to see a speed plane. Something less geared for beginners.

EDIT: Please, please, please please, no more minis for a while.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
As a french dude, I will ask for an EDF Mirage 2000.
Design is very simple and somewhat similar to the vigen, you could build it with a cardboard tube and a cardboard triangle really.
MIRAGE-2000-9-EMIRATI.png