What's your FT Racer weigh?

Finished my ft racer tonight, she's ready for tomorrow. I ended up Tail heavy when I was through. I'm running a 1600 mah s3 and a suppo 2217 motor. I ended up having to tape four A A batteries along with 3 nickels pushed to the front of the power pod with the battery attached to the bottom. I ended up at 919 g 95% balanced. ......... What's your FT Racer weigh?

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
That does seem a little porky. If you have any bigger motors I would use them instead of dead weight.

It will fly fine, but approaches will have to be a little hot.

BTW, IMO the best place to add weight is under the posterboard in the nose.

On your next build, try moving the servos under the cockpit instead, that helps so much with balance.

vincentsl

I also had to add batteries to balance my tail heavy FT-Racer.
Try adding a large nose cone. I was able to swap two batteries for the cone.

KishMot

I can't seem to balance my FT Racer right...

Either my 1500 mah 3S makes it too tail heavy or my 3000 mah 3S makes it too nose heavy.

Waiting for a new battery in the mail before I start adding dead weight to the plane.

KishMot

Can't you push the 3000 battery more to the back?

Nah, the battery is too fat. It interferes with the center of the wing under the pod.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I do have a 2200mah 3S battery, but it is made for Transmitters with only an 8C discharge rating. I dry ran it through my set-up with no prop stationary and it seems fine. Should I slap a prop on and maiden it? I can balance it fine with that battery.