Willy Nillies Super Sport 250

OliverW

Legendary member
If you would like, you can ship us your plane, we'll go over it, fix what ever is wrong and get it to fly like we know it can and we will ship it back to you.

What most people don't realize is that the Super Sport was the first airplane that started us into making our kits. Every kit we have made uses a design aspect from the Super Sport (or other lesson learned). The GLH, Barnstormers, Simple 250, Hummer all use the same airfoil that was developed on the Super Sport, as well as plan form, moments, constant chord/taper chord etc.... The Super Sport went through about 18 different variations before it was kitted. The Super Sport ended up flying so well by final version, I just had to kit it......

Let us know if you would like our help.

SIncerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
It is alright! Thank you though! I was frustrated in the moment and felt like there was no way it would work, but now that I have gone back to it, I think with little work it will fly fine!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
It is alright! Thank you though! I was frustrated in the moment and felt like there was no way it would work, but now that I have gone back to it, I think with little work it will fly fine!
For those of us who will one day build this kit, or any other balsa kit, what did you find was the problem?

OliverW

Legendary member
Ready to go! Gonna get video
15764402564533090668197365868456.jpg

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Ooooohhh. So it was nose heavy. That explains the weird stall/snap. You were entering an accelerated stall condition.

Looks like you got her figured out! Boy you really have the aileron throw set high! :)

If it consistently rolls one direction in a stall, check your wing for a twist.

GREAT JOB!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

OliverW

Legendary member
Ooooohhh. So it was nose heavy. That explains the weird stall/snap. You were entering an accelerated stall condition.

This also explains high landing speed to keep elevator effectiveness. Do you have a lot of up elevator trim dialed in to fly level?

Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
I do. I think I have it figured out. I just need a couple more flights and it should be dialed in.

OliverW

Legendary member
Oh No! Brown out?

We've emailed your $25 coupon code. Great job on seeing it through to completion and successful flight.

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com
Thank you! I had control over everything-ish. Was 100 ft out and it started to happen to I cut the power and let it flop in to try and save it. I dont think it was a brown out