Andre Gets A Taranis.

sp3cialk

It was a while back but here's the exported flight log from a quick flight with my Radian with the high precision vario and gps sensor. I have it log the flight every 2 secs, then in companion I can export to google maps. It's handy to see where you catch thermals.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Productive weekend

Over the weekend I managed to get the variometer to work, programmed in the the head tracker, ported all the models over from the 9X which hosted the Orange RX modules and successfully test the Radian with the XR8 receiver. It was not a great thermal day so the tones were switched off and I just let the radio call out of the altitude every 15 seconds.

IMG_4493.jpg IMG_4499.jpg IMG_4526.jpg IMG_4529.jpg IMG_4533.jpg IMG_4531a.jpg

HawkMan

Shouldn't matter much, but one of the antennas shouldn't be vertical ;)
and now you're going to have to start playing with the scripting to make your own nice graphical telemetry screens :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Shouldn't matter much, but one of the antennas shouldn't be vertical ;)
and now you're going to have to start playing with the scripting to make your own nice graphical telemetry screens :)

Temporary setup until the 4XR arrives.

HawkMan

I usually use Bolt RC for my frSky needs, with the UK store right across the north sea shipping is pretty quick as well. and their prices is usually very nice. and they had a ready made transmitter back board soldered with a SM pigtail for me when I botched the desoldering on the one in my radio :)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
in canada maybe but not to germany.
It feels like it would be faster to put the package on the back of a slug to get it over here.

Funny I can get packages from HK in Hong Kong quicker and easier then trying to get stuff from the US.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Here in Germany / Europe I will always buy FrSky stuff from http://microtechnics.eu/. It's located in Belgium and ships really fast. I'm not sure, but sometimes I think he's the FrSky distributor for Europe. At least all my packages are re-packed with FrSky labelled packing tape :).

And delivery is fast. My last order was on the 4th and the package arrived on the 9th - with a weekend inbetween.

The web shop itself can be a little irritating though. :)

HawkMan

Here in Germany / Europe I will always buy FrSky stuff from http://microtechnics.eu/. It's located in Belgium and ships really fast. I'm not sure, but sometimes I think he's the FrSky distributor for Europe. At least all my packages are re-packed with FrSky labelled packing tape :).

And delivery is fast. My last order was on the 4th and the package arrived on the 9th - with a weekend inbetween.

The web shop itself can be a little irritating though. :)

Wow that was a really horrible webstore... significantly more expensive than BoltRC's UK store as well. BoltRC's new NL(EU) store is strangely more expensive though...