Solved Aura 5 lite Board / Receiver issues

Ro1en

I recently got the Aura board from Flitetest and tried to set it up with a satellite receiver (WILLOWLUCKY Receiver Satellite for JR Spektrum Transmitter RC SPM9645 AR6210 6CH 2.4GHz DSMX DSM2 Satellite). When I plugged everything in, the Aura started searching for a receiver, following the LED pattern. This continues on for as long as I have the battery plugged in. Is my satellite incompatible with the Aura? One more thing, I have a regular receiver that I use in other models, does an Aura board only work with a satellite receiver, or can I use a regular one? Thanks!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
it only works with serial receivers, so your regular receiver that you connect your servos directly two, typically doesn't have the required outputs.

What receiver do you have? I see a whole mess of words, but not a specific receiver listed (there are model numbers for multiple different spectrum receivers in that list, but also stuff that would imply that it isn't a genuine spectrum product.)

How do you have it wired up to the aura board?
Can we get a picture of your setup?

Ro1en

The satellites' FCC ID is BRWDASRX10, and the model number is 9645; I hope that's what you're looking for. I couldn't find the name of the cable connecting the Aura and satellite, but it fits into the Auras' slot and is the same on both ends.

Here's a photo of my setup. I have a FT 20A ESC w/Xt-30 Connectors from the powerpack F, as well as the Radial 2205 2300kV motor. The battery is a Tattu 850 mah 3 cell.

Attachments

• PXL_20210319_212941920.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210319_212941920.MP.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
ok, not looking for the FCC ID, but that does look like an actual satellite receiver.

have you gone through the bind process yet?

Ro1en

You mean holding down the bind button when powering on the Aura? I have been trying that, but when I plug it in, the Auras' light goes blue, and the satellites' orange light starts blinking rapidly. After about 5 seconds, the Auras' lights go into, "Searching for Receiver" mode (Orange blue green red: Repeats). Once I bind the satellite to my Dxe, the orange light goes off, blinks slowly, then goes solid, indicating that it did bind. It seems as though the Aura can't detect the receiver connected to it, even though the satellite has power and can bind to my radio.

Since I have a Spektrum Dxe radio, I haven't tried making a profile for the Aura, since it doesn't have a screen. I don't think this is the issue, but I thought I'd point it out.

Don East

Try restarting the transmitter. hold the bind button in first then turn on the transmitter. You should be about 5 feet away with the transmitter.
Before you do these things you need to hold down the Bind button on the Aura 5, then plug in the battery to the plane first This can take two people.
Don

Ro1en

That's been my usual routine, but the Aura never picks up on the receiver, stuck in a state of searching for one.

PaulMaine

I am having the exact problem with my new aura 5 recognizing my satellite rx. Lemon dsmx rx. Have watched josh video many times but can not get to binding till aura power ups the rx. A light is supposed to come on in the rx when it starts getting power from the aura but alas no light. Have you figured it out? Help!

bisco

Elite member
iirc, i bound the lemon to the tx, then when i connected the aura and sat rx, everything worked.

the biggest trouble i had was holding down the two buttons on the aura board at the same time.

Last edited:

PaulMaine

Bissco, I can not get the aura to recognize the rx. The aura lights Indicate that it is searching for the rx wires are in the right place.

PaulMaine

Here some pictures that show two ways I have tried. Aura light is flashing slow orange and solid blue the satellite rx no light. Aura config tool shows that the aura is connected. Aura sensor monitor shows gyro is up and running.

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_134614.jpg
    IMG_20211028_134614.jpg
    911.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211028_134620.jpg
    IMG_20211028_134620.jpg
    915.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211028_134634.jpg
    IMG_20211028_134634.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211028_134809.jpg
    IMG_20211028_134809.jpg
    858.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20211028_134846.jpg
    IMG_20211028_134846.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

bisco

Elite member
thanks!
have you made computer changes to the aura before binding?

is the battery fully charged?

are you moving the tx further away when binding?

Bricks

Master member
Try binding the satellite receiver using a normal receiver first in quads many times have to have the satellite bound first then connected to the quad.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
There was a version of the Aura firmware that had issues with binding DSMX RXes. If you can, load up the configurator and make sure your Aura board has the latest firmware. Otherwise, do like others have suggested and find an alternate way to bind the RX to your TX.

PaulMaine

thanks!
have you made computer changes to the aura before binding?

is the battery fully charged?

are you moving the tx further away when binding?
No computer changes to aura
Battery fully changed
Problem is the satellite rx does not light up it does not go into bind mode at all. Even when I connect aura to aura config tool via usb it still keeps flashing orange

bisco

Elite member
disconnect from the config tool

connect the servos

plug in the battery to the esc

hold the tx 5 feet away and turn on the tx

PaulMaine

Just tried above to no avail. Aura Lights solid blue slow flashing orange believe means failsafe condition what is failsafe ? The light on the new lemon rx has never come on through all of this. Could I have a "lemon"? I do appreciate your effort to help not sure where to go from here.