Solved Aura 5 lite Board / Receiver issues

bisco

Elite member
it is always possible that a part is defective, but i hate to jump to conclusions. i would start by contacting aura

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Just tried above to no avail. Aura Lights solid blue slow flashing orange believe means failsafe condition what is failsafe ? The light on the new lemon rx has never come on through all of this. Could I have a "lemon"? I do appreciate your effort to help not sure where to go from here.
Did you update to the latest firmware version??

PaulMaine

it is always possible that a part is defective, but i hate to jump to conclusions. i would start by contacting aura
Bisco, I believe the aura is functioning as it connects and interacts with the configure tool fine. thanks again for help. I may have to just buy another rx will be a spectrum this time. Light has never come on on this lemon. Wish FT was easier to get hold of. That is where I bought them

bisco

Elite member
have you checked the wiring harness and connections?

how long have you been waiting to hear back from flite test store? this is important information in my deciding on future purchases

Bricks

Master member
Try binding the satellite receiver using a normal receiver first in quads many times have to have the satellite bound first then connected to the quad.

Did you try this yet???????? Most satellite receivers will NOT bind on there own need receiver hooked to it for it to bind.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I will have to throw a lemonRX on one of my Aura builds. I've been using FrSky and will have to do a quick swap to do a video of binding.

What TX are you using? I see you are using the LemonRX Rx which I have a bunch of.

Bricks

Master member
I will have to throw a lemonRX on one of my Aura builds. I've been using FrSky and will have to do a quick swap to do a video of binding.

What TX are you using? I see you are using the LemonRX Rx which I have a bunch of.

He is using a Lemon satellite receiver if I read right.

PaulMaine

yeah, I was wondering what TX he's using.
I use the dx6. I am a newbie to rc. problem is that the lemon ,which is wired to the aura physically but the rx does not lite up as it needs to to bind. See my above pictures. so when try to bind "bind fails". Is their a way to get the aura to power up the rx. That seems to be the problem.

PaulMaine

have you checked the wiring harness and connections?

how long have you been waiting to hear back from flite test store? this is important information in my deciding on future purchases
Has been a couple of days. Email said a technician , Wes , would get back. Flight test is a very good company I may just be doing some real simple error. Hoping we can figure out with u guys. I live in rural maine no rc folks nearby . yes checked wire from rx to aura for continuity With ohm meter aok.

bisco

Elite member
hopefully they will get back to you soon. you might consider buying the $17. lemon rx on flite test and trying to bind to that

PaulMaine

hopefully they will get back to you soon. you might consider buying the $17. lemon rx on flite test and trying to bind to that
The rx I am having the problem with is that $17 rx which I brought from flight test couple weeks ago with the the aura. It is in the pictures I posted.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
That's been my usual routine, but the Aura never picks up on the receiver, stuck in a state of searching for one.

I wonder if Ro1en ever was able to get it to connect. Seems he hasn't been on the forum since his last post in March. I'd like to know what his solution was.

bisco

Elite member
The rx I am having the problem with is that $17 rx which I brought from flight test couple weeks ago with the the aura. It is in the pictures I posted.
i am referring to this one. it is a regular rx that the aura replaces. the sat is a different beast altogether.

https://store.flitetest.com/lemon-rx-6-channel-receiver-dsm2-dsmx-compatible-end-pin/

PaulMaine

i am referring to this one. it is a regular rx that the aura replaces. the sat is a different beast altogether.

https://store.flitetest.com/lemon-rx-6-channel-receiver-dsm2-dsmx-compatible-end-pin/
Thanks for that clarification and sticking with me.
I have ordered this
Spektrum SRXL2 DSMX Remote Receiver, SPM974
Thinking I could see if the aura would hook up with it. Got to get a remote satellite rx working with the aura need the gryo have been flying lots with simulator 9.5. Paul