Solved Aura 5 lite Board / Receiver issues

Robert S

Here some pictures that show two ways I have tried. Aura light is flashing slow orange and solid blue the satellite rx no light. Aura config tool shows that the aura is connected. Aura sensor monitor shows gyro is up and running.

In the config tool, turn the second "on/off" button that says "auto detect signal if no signal at power up" to the "ON" position. Even if you get the receiver to bind, you will want that to be turned on.

Dadalorian

I am having the exact same problem: No light coming on the Lemon DSMX RX. Did you ever get a solution?

If not, were you able to return the receiver?

(I bought mine through Flite Test)

DavStr

Hey guys - jumping into this a few years later .... I have some similar issues with my TX16s. We just got it to bind to the Aura 5 lite and the Lemon DSMX satellite receiver. Orange light on the Lemon, solid green and orange on the Aura 5 Lite. But that's as far as we can get. I'm testing the throttle for prop direction and nothing happens. We power cycled on and off, still binds, still no action on the throttle.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Hey guys - jumping into this a few years later .... I have some similar issues with my TX16s. We just got it to bind to the Aura 5 lite and the Lemon DSMX satellite receiver. Orange light on the Lemon, solid green and orange on the Aura 5 Lite. But that's as far as we can get. I'm testing the throttle for prop direction and nothing happens. We power cycled on and off, still binds, still no action on the throttle.
Any motion on the control surfaces?

DavStr

I
Any motion on the control surfaces?
I plugged in the rest of the surfaces and when they connect, each surface will move 100% to one side but other than that I don't have the ability to control from the transceiver. Dead sticks.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Have you tried the Aura Config Tool and converted the board back to the standard FT setup?
Aura Tools/Convert Aura/Convertible to and select 'Flite Test'

DavStr

I hear you ... tracking one down now. Should be fairly easy. I'll report back with the results. Seeing that this is a brand new board, should it not already be at the FT setup.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I hear you ... tracking one down now. Should be fairly easy. I'll report back with the results. Seeing that this is a brand new board, should it not already be at the FT setup.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Should be. Maybe it was shipped next to a load of magnets. Hooking up will allow you to see if the tx is controlling the board or not. On the first screen turn on Live Data and check the monitor.

DavStr

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Should be. Maybe it was shipped next to a load of magnets. Hooking up will allow you to see if the tx is controlling the board or not. On the first screen turn on Live Data and check the monitor.
Awesome, will do. I'm running a product on my Mac that will allow me load the software now ... will get back shortly

Bricks

Master member
Aura and Lemon Sat expects to see TAER have you changed TX16s out put the correct channel order?

LitterBug

Techno Nut
The Aura can be configured to do TAER and AETR. What really matters is that the TX and Aura are configured the same. I use TAER on all my models because I started on Spektrum and later migrated to OpenTX. For simplicity, I just kept everything mapped the same rather than having to look at the mapping on every model. Especially since most of my BNF models are Spektrum and can not be remapped. I set my TX16s default mapping to TAER. Even my ArduPilot models Are remapped to TAER too.

LB

DavStr

Makes sense. Am I correct to do the mapping in the mixes section? Inputs are AETR and my mix is now TAER.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yeah, here is the mixes tab for the Nano Goblin which I have an Aura on
IMG_20230518_070452837_HDR.jpg

I use the same mapping on all the tabs to keep it uniform though. Looks like I did not fix some of the descriptive fields on this model.... Going to fix that.

The source is the important field. The name is just text
IMG_20230518_070956372.jpg

LB

Last edited:

DavStr

I flashed the system with a new install of the SD card and firmware so that I was starting from scratch. Went in a made the above changes. You'll notice that the throttle is still mapping to the elevator as shown in the second to last photo. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong but not sure where that could be.

Loading up the Aura Config next to my Mac. Will try it on a PC when I can get access to one, hopefully soon.