Bills Law strikes again! Life of a Psyborg documented.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Jewel-Weed.jpg
Jewelweed is avery common weed that is know to greatly alleviate the affects of poinson ivy. This stuff grows all over the place, often in areas where poison ivy is found. I have tons of it in my yard and it is over waist high, has a lightish green color and the blossoms just as seen in this photo. If you cut it low on the stem and put the juice on the areas affected by poison ivy you should have quick relief, at least so they say. I've heard it from a few people who've said they themselves have felt the relief.

kilroy07

Legendary member
I've found that rubbing alcohol with cut the resin and stop the spreading...
But it sounds like you've still got lot's of healing ahead of you if it's covered you that much....
It will help to dry it out though.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Really with the boyfriend jokes? Last I checked women still hold my attention.

I'll pass on the bubble as Bills law would dictate it pop and keeps me oxygen deprived just long enough to kill of the few remaing and functioning brain cells.

@Jim, no such plants near by mate. Just a single tree with a few small shoots of the ivy, some stcker bushes, and a ton of tiny underdeveloped straw berries you can barely identify.

I did the alcohol thing the first day and that may have help the oils drying but also escalated the itching. Walked to a nearby dollar store and they had calamine lotion and benedryl so I been soaking in the tub scrubbing the oils off several times a day. Then slathering on the calamine. Im just happy they have it in a clear form not like the chalky pink stuff from days of old.

Just woke up to the start of more itchies so I repainted my legs and took another pill. At least now I am able to get some rest for a few hours at a time.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Really with the boyfriend jokes? Last I checked women still hold my attention.

Sorry Bill. I know it was low, but when you set up the pins like that...

Get well, Bill. You've had a few busy weeks and it's time for things to go your way.

Did you get to fly fixed wing at FFO?

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Yep today is day 36 of no internet for us, at family's now using their Wi-Fi and have read a few emails from friends who think I'm dead already so I know the feeling!

Good to here bills okay.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sorry Bill. I know it was low, but when you set up the pins like that...

Get well, Bill. You've had a few busy weeks and it's time for things to go your way.

Did you get to fly fixed wing at FFO?

Sadly most of FFO was a bust for me. I have a wall of text about it I am at odds to post as it comes of a tad angry and facebookie if ya know what I mean. Most was from forces out side Flite Tests control but there were several things that were changed i was not happy with at all.

Seeing people and having new role at FFO was good. The people that were there were pretty well behaved for the most part. There were a few gasp and hold you breath moments where larger planes lost control and went out of bounds into public areas. Only miner injuries and a few cases of heat issues that were well handled by the medical staff.

Flight Fest has grown officially into a MAJOR event size and has maxxed what can be done safely and effectively at Furey Field I think. I will say the new Flight Crew idea is a keeper even with a few bugs in the system.

The volunteers I had in the build tents really stepped up even when short handed.

So not all was bad or unpleasant over all. I only managed to complete two goals I had going in and flying fixed wing was not one of them.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I tried to get Bill up with some fixed wing flight, but I'm a poor excuse of a flight buddy boxer, so I think my experience with Tom kind of put him off! It wasn't a great experience for Tom, but at least Bill was giving great flight instruction to Tom while I was overwhelmed with everything else.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That is hardly the case Mak. You did awesome with Tom my friend. You gave him proper introduction to how the rc systems work before even leaving the pit area.

You were super calm while the plane was in the air and I did not see Tom tense up once. I feel bad as the observer not having worn shoes so I could / should have been the chaser when it went down in the bean field. In any case Tom is still gung ho to get a bird in the air.

I would reccomend you as a first time instructor any day.

As for me too many things came together and there was no way I had the control to fly anything at that point. Again I cant thank you enough for taking the time to get Tom up on his first flight.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would like to know more about this. What's the new system?

Quick n dirty version is formation of a chain of command where experienced volunteers take responsiblity for their designated areas. Organizing new volunteers with the ability to resolve issues they are familiar with on the spot. Anything they cant then gets kicked up the chain to the core FT crew. This over all with a few bugs seemed to work well on the initial run. As always it will / should be an evolving process and hopefully get better and more efficient.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I just have to interject with my favorite definition of "chain of command" (for those without media access, it's one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite series called FireFly "do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I'm going to beat you with until you know who's in rutt'n command here!")

Last edited:

Igoo57

Mak, you did great! You went over the controls, made sure I understood up from down, left and right even before trying to fly. Not having any fixed wing sim time did not help my abilities. Also, there is no feedback from a plane that the battery is low. About to drop the plane into the beans :)

Ihichi Bolls

Soooooo...

The never ending saga that is my life keeps pluggin away at me.

I wasnt going to fly today as it was over 90 degrees when I woke up. Got my coffee n bagels, sat down to look at forums and you tube but saw weather warnings posted.

Since it said a cold front will roll in over night plunging us into the low 50's tomorrow and getting even colder into the 30's over next few days i decided to fly.

I was super happy over the last bump in feed forward so I threw the quad on the compy and bumped in another 20 points.

While batteries were charging I did my normal morning stuff. By the time the batteries were done intermittant clouds were coming thru so I grabbed my gear and went out back to try gates on the new settings.

In my haste i skipped normal checking of gear because it flew so well last outting. I will never do that again... heres why..

Flew the first pack fine noticed motors were a tad warmer then last time and I was flying gentle too. So figured it was not happy with new feed forward and changed to an earlier profle back on known good settings. I even lowered my camera tilt back to 55 or so degrees.

When it cooled I tossed a fresh pack on and put it in the air. Crashed a few times, nothin major. Bend prop straight and get back to it. Motors came back even hotter after reverting to previous profile. Thought maybe I chose the wrong one so went back to the first one I started the day with.

Again let it cool. Fresh pack and back in the air. First split s I do it rolls over lazily and falls to the ground. Ok so I had a failsafe. They are odd for my setups and very rare but they do happen.

Walked out flipped the quad upright and did a hover test. Same thing, roll over n play dead. Picked it up checked
out receiver connections and antenna integrity and all was good.. again hot motors.

Figured Id fly it back to the bench and check it out better and as soon as it was airborn two motors set free the
magic smoke and that was that.

Grabbed it walked back, removed the
battery and set it down on the top plate as I normally do. Thats when I saw one motor had 4 screws, two motors had 2 screws, and one motor had one screw. ALL were loose to some degree.

Ya think that may be why the motors got super hot. They were not only vibrating they were flopping around.

Betaflight filters worked so well it let the quad fly like that. It was even pretty smooth.

So todays haste and laziness cost me two motors and most likely the speed controller.

Im going to replace all 4 motors and use the stressed ones for smaller projects or planes.

Moral of the story..... NEVER, ever, skip maintainence or preflight checks.

Last edited:

Ihichi Bolls

Never used it after my versacopter. I regularly tear them down for cleaning and the loctite just causes issues aftet a while.

I usually go thru after each session and clean grass and dirt off them. I check screws and make sure nothing is working loose. Specially those aluminum stand offs as they tend to strip threads on hard tumbles.

Again. Skipped my ritual one time and got spanked for it.

@cranialrectosis what mohawk? I havent been able to have one since the early 90's when hair stopped growing on top of my head. I can do reverse mohawks but cant dye em red or I look like bozo the clown. That or carrot top.

I was hoping to be back on psyborg account by now. Guess I gotta poke Flying Monkey with a bigger stick to get his attention.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
All good things must come to an end.

One of the subsections of Bills Law is I am the worlds largest walking :poop: magnet. More commonly known as A.D.D. (attract dumb** disorder) Thus lesser evolved portions of humanity seek me out. As always some have finally migrated here and have caused me issues I am no longer willing to deal with. Its starts with one then the bus gets rolling and bandwagoneers all jump on.

Those that know how to manipulate a system have managed to maneuver me into a position I no longer hold value to these forums. I took the hit with a ban standing for what I believed in was doing more harm then good and no one stood with me. I told a member in private that should I get a second ban I would no longer bother trying to help people. I recently completed another. I keep my word so to do my part to keep peace and my sanity I am walking away from Flite Test Forums.

This post is to say thank you to those who have made a difference in my life here, who have become long distance friends, teachers, and enablers. I will peek in here on occasion to see the cool things you all do but I will no longer be posting.

As far as the balsa build I was planning to do and donate Bills Law has sent that to its grave as well so unfortunately I wont be able to complete that mission.

So as they say...

So long and thanks for all the fish.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
YUP!!! you guessed it... I went another round with Bills Law...
Soooo.. THIS time....

I did my usual computer maintenance and decided to update drivers n such... That all worked great. Until my graphics control gui disappeared while I was playing a game. The computer restarted and I went on with my keelin Jedi. I finished for the night and went to sleep... When I woke up the next day I saw my computer was off which is nothing new. We regularly lose power out here in the boonies so I thought nothing of it. Booted the computer and logged in. Headed to the kitchen to make coffee n bagels to have while I checked the forums and got ready to add a new post to my on going story in another thread.

I clicked on google and it gave me a white "oh snap" screen that threw the error Status_Breakpoint I clicked the reload button and the page refreshed to the forums. I filled in the login info and hit enter and got another Error exactly the same. So I decided to look up the error and at that point EVERY time I tried to go on google It threw that error. Silly me figured something gakked when I updated Chrome the night before so I was like.. Ok save the effort uninstall and reload Chrome right.... NOT

So with no access to the web on the compy i grabbed the tiny phone and started investigating the error. Went through the obvious stuff first.. no dice..Went deeper into the not so obvious Still no go. Then I remembered seeing someone blamed the issue they had on overheating. As a last ditch before doing a complete wipe and resetting of my entire system I decided to take a look at my cooling system. I saw that it was a bit lower then normal with coolant in the reservoir but nothing to make me worried. So I started to look deeper in the box for leaks and such but found nothing. I put my ear to the pump and reservoir and it was chugging away but I noticed the "whoosh" of coolant moving was no longer present.

I figured something was clogged so it was time to drain it off and dig deeper. Found out the cpu water block was clogged up with gunk. I wasnt too upset after all this coolant system I designed and built has been running ZERO issues for 10 years on two computers. Me thinks I got my moneys worth hehe. Anyway I scraped out the gunk and cleaned the fins in the block best I could. Made new hoses for it all and leak tested it while watching flow rate for a whole day while it sat in my kitchen sink running off my 2200 mah lipos hehe. It seemed good enough to live long enough I can get the parts for the upgrade I have been planning for a year for just havent pulled the trigger on the parts I have been keeping my eyes on.

Anyway I grabbed my SSD from the previous build and threw that in to get the system back up and running. Spent 3 days pulling everything I could off the latest hard drive that has the break point errors. I was planning on reloading the SSD as its faster for the OS then the one I have been using. Those combo drives with an ssd partition and a spinny drive dont work like I thought they did and it was much slower.. That will become the dedicated storage drive and the solo SSD will be OS and hardware only drive. at least I managed to get thru the stack of old drives laying around and got as much pulled from them as I could. I now have 3 open drives that can be used for storage as they are slower spinny drives ranging from 40 gig to 800 gig. And two dead ones. I also have my old drive from my college days with win2k and all my school stuff in tact Got some of my honors writing assignments pulled from it I may post here over time. I also have the drive from the computer my last band used for recording and managed to get some old stuff from that as well.

So for now I am back. Hopefully I can source new parts and decide either win10 or linux or both before this craps out again

OliverW

Legendary member
YUP!!! you guessed it... I went another round with Bills Law...
Soooo.. THIS time....

I did my usual computer maintenance and decided to update drivers n such... That all worked great. Until my graphics control gui disappeared while I was playing a game. The computer restarted and I went on with my keelin Jedi. I finished for the night and went to sleep... When I woke up the next day I saw my computer was off which is nothing new. We regularly lose power out here in the boonies so I thought nothing of it. Booted the computer and logged in. Headed to the kitchen to make coffee n bagels to have while I checked the forums and got ready to add a new post to my on going story in another thread.

I clicked on google and it gave me a white "oh snap" screen that threw the error Status_Breakpoint I clicked the reload button and the page refreshed to the forums. I filled in the login info and hit enter and got another Error exactly the same. So I decided to look up the error and at that point EVERY time I tried to go on google It threw that error. Silly me figured something gakked when I updated Chrome the night before so I was like.. Ok save the effort uninstall and reload Chrome right.... NOT

So with no access to the web on the compy i grabbed the tiny phone and started investigating the error. Went through the obvious stuff first.. no dice..Went deeper into the not so obvious Still no go. Then I remembered seeing someone blamed the issue they had on overheating. As a last ditch before doing a complete wipe and resetting of my entire system I decided to take a look at my cooling system. I saw that it was a bit lower then normal with coolant in the reservoir but nothing to make me worried. So I started to look deeper in the box for leaks and such but found nothing. I put my ear to the pump and reservoir and it was chugging away but I noticed the "whoosh" of coolant moving was no longer present.

I figured something was clogged so it was time to drain it off and dig deeper. Found out the cpu water block was clogged up with gunk. I wasnt too upset after all this coolant system I designed and built has been running ZERO issues for 10 years on two computers. Me thinks I got my moneys worth hehe. Anyway I scraped out the gunk and cleaned the fins in the block best I could. Made new hoses for it all and leak tested it while watching flow rate for a whole day while it sat in my kitchen sink running off my 2200 mah lipos hehe. It seemed good enough to live long enough I can get the parts for the upgrade I have been planning for a year for just havent pulled the trigger on the parts I have been keeping my eyes on.

Anyway I grabbed my SSD from the previous build and threw that in to get the system back up and running. Spent 3 days pulling everything I could off the latest hard drive that has the break point errors. I was planning on reloading the SSD as its faster for the OS then the one I have been using. Those combo drives with an ssd partition and a spinny drive dont work like I thought they did and it was much slower.. That will become the dedicated storage drive and the solo SSD will be OS and hardware only drive. at least I managed to get thru the stack of old drives laying around and got as much pulled from them as I could. I now have 3 open drives that can be used for storage as they are slower spinny drives ranging from 40 gig to 800 gig. And two dead ones. I also have my old drive from my college days with win2k and all my school stuff in tact Got some of my honors writing assignments pulled from it I may post here over time. I also have the drive from the computer my last band used for recording and managed to get some old stuff from that as well.

So for now I am back. Hopefully I can source new parts and decide either win10 or linux or both before this craps out again
Welcome back! You've been missed my friend