Bush plane build challenge

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Question about rules. Are we allowed to check battery voltage with a battery tester in the take off and landing part of the challenge?
In the interest of preventing planes from unnecessarily auguring into the ground, I think we could allow that, so long as its not used to flip a plane back over! ;)

I just used my little battery tester/alarm and left it on the balance lead, set at 3.5 volts. Under load the battery might drop that far, but by the time you land and take it out its usually somewhere around 3.75 YMMV.

mdcerdan

Elite member
I run these all the time, even when just flying for fun. Cheap insurance!
I will try to get one of those gadgets.

This is the one I have right now.
1602862413811423073994.jpg

Hondo76251

Legendary member
I actually wired one of these onto an FPV build one time, I could turn my camera and check voltage on the fly! lol I've still got a few left, these are cheap too, could wire one in and have it so you could check it from the outside without having to touch the plane! ;)

mdcerdan

Elite member
I actually wired one of these onto an FPV build one time, I could turn my camera and check voltage on the fly! lol I've still got a few left, these are cheap too, could wire one in and have it so you could check it from the outside without having to touch the plane! ;)
By the way. Is fpv allowed? I have no intention to fly fpv on this challenge but just asking.