Votes: 28 45.2%
  • I'm divided on the issue....

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

basslord1124

Master member
Our store shelves have been pretty bare when I have been there. Wife has mainly done online ordering and even then she has difficulty getting stuff in stock...usually have to substitute stuff OR just can't get it. Our state's governor has closed bars and restaurant dining rooms...only carry out and drive thrus remain open.

Wife wants me to really try and work from home. I'm kinda undecided with that just b/c I have such low exposure right now anyways in my office.

I got plenty of foamboard and tools to make something and even ordered an FT Master Series Corsair SBK which should be here Friday. :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Our store shelves have been pretty bare when I have been there. Wife has mainly done online ordering and even then she has difficulty getting stuff in stock...usually have to substitute stuff OR just can't get it. Our state's governor has closed bars and restaurant dining rooms...only carry out and drive thrus remain open.

Wife wants me to really try and work from home. I'm kinda undecided with that just b/c I have such low exposure right now anyways in my office.

I got plenty of foamboard and tools to make something and even ordered an FT Master Series Corsair SBK which should be here Friday. :)
I thought you did the Corsair already, probably confusing it with something else... oh the Edge

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
It is a big deal because the flu is also a big deal, just humanity has grown used to the seasonal flu deaths. It isn't as bad as is being reported, but it is still bad. A virologist said that it was "a joke" and died of it not long after. I wouldn't do anything stupid like garglw bleach or hoard masks (which do nothing), but I would still be cautious and be sanitary as always.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
The governor is threatening martial law, but I'll show him! I cannot be contained!
IMG_20200318_220959.jpg

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
From the safety of my isolated workshop I have considered that there might be something that we are not being told. To me it appears that the virus might just be easily spread by air-conditioning. Cruise ships have large air-conditioned areas and so the virus would be spread apparently without restraint, even though the passengers were in isolated lock-down, as it appeared to happen on more than one of the cruise ships. In addition aircraft and most public transport is just a single air-conditioned box in which the victims are all made to share the same air.

Me I am going to avoid air-conditioned areas where I can.

Have fun!

Javiester

Elite member
today they sent me home
I don't go out to work anymore
in principle it is temporary
my wife has brought home the computer from work and is working here
we can only go out for food and medicine
more than 700 dead in my city
in italy almost the same as in china

Namactual

Elite member
It’s crazy here at the school. It is a ghost town. I am one of the last few people still reporting in every day, but I have no idea how long this will continue. The traffic on the way in has been less and less every morning, but today the expressways were dead. Very few cars on the road.

As for the actual virus, there are no real numbers on infected, but we have had one death in Michigan so far. “Hospital officials say he suffered from other underlying health conditions.” I don’t know of anyone sick yet, but it is still early I guess.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
From the safety of my isolated workshop I have considered that there might be something that we are not being told. To me it appears that the virus might just be easily spread by air-conditioning. Cruise ships have large air-conditioned areas and so the virus would be spread apparently without restraint, even though the passengers were in isolated lock-down, as it appeared to happen on more than one of the cruise ships. In addition aircraft and most public transport is just a single air-conditioned box in which the victims are all made to share the same air.

Me I am going to avoid air-conditioned areas where I can.

Have fun!
I did hear that the worst thing to do for quarantine was to lock down people on a cruise ship for that very reason. Air conditioned enclosed spaces does nothing but lay the virus on top of the virus. Any airliners make it worse being the people density and an even more confined space. Indoor events, libraries, public buildings are better but no where near ideal. I think we are going out today to stock up. We aren't in a public state of emergency yet but there is talk of it

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Ahh, good ol' social media. People starting to conjecture and stirring up even more trouble. :)

I say it's the aliens that look like hair that took over President Trump's body. They're manipulating him, and his "scientists" leaked the virus through the Chinese to control the manufacture of Funko Pops toys, which are secretly spy cameras that report everything back to the Zelayan race, who is working with Issac to crush the FAA - or was it the FCC? Anyway, It's about controlling the airwaves that are causing the hair follicles to block the hair aliens from being able to take root. That's why I'm safe, I'm bald and immune, so they ain't gonna get control over me!

Wow - I think I have a SyFy original movie plan rolled up in there. :)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Ahh, good ol' social media. People starting to conjecture and stirring up even more trouble. :)

I say it's the aliens that look like hair that took over President Trump's body. They're manipulating him, and his "scientists" leaked the virus through the Chinese to control the manufacture of Funko Pops toys, which are secretly spy cameras that report everything back to the Zelayan race, who is working with Issac to crush the FAA - or was it the FCC? Anyway, It's about controlling the airwaves that are causing the hair follicles to block the hair aliens from being able to take root. That's why I'm safe, I'm bald and immune, so they ain't gonna get control over me!

Wow - I think I have a SyFy original movie plan rolled up in there. :)
There are only so many perfect heads, the rest they gave hair

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Exactly. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Several of the guys at the field have asked me in the past why I shave it, and I said, "Less wind resistance, better aerodynamics." And being plane guys, they all contemplated it for a sec, nodded their heads, and walked away like it was perfectly normal. :)
It's so funny because I have offered to shave peoples heads and they all get scared and it's an instant "NO!". The thing is that their hair grows back, mine doesn't, well not enough to let it grow out anyway. I say this to the kids and they don't like the idea either, grand punishment for not doing homework lol

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It's so funny because I have offered to shave peoples heads and they all get scared and it's an instant "NO!". The thing is that their hair grows back, mine doesn't, well not enough to let it grow out anyway. I say this to the kids and they don't like the idea either, grand punishment for not doing homework lol

I did it because I saved $20-$30 every 6 weeks getting a bad haircut. I now spend $20 a YEAR on shaving supplies, and as a bonus, I don't have problems with dandruff!

As for brain cells, well...The guys at the field say that as you get older, the mind is the first thing to go. I forget what they said the second thing was...What were we talking about again?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I did it because I saved $20-$30 every 6 weeks getting a bad haircut. I now spend $20 a YEAR on shaving supplies, and as a bonus, I don't have problems with dandruff!

As for brain cells, well...The guys at the field say that as you get older, the mind is the first thing to go. I forget what they said the second thing was...What were we talking about again?
You have a great sense of humor :love::ROFLMAO: