Edge 540 landing gear.

Justn37

Hey everyone, my name is Justin and I do not have an account airplane addiction.........haha right......So I've got a couple ft builds under my belt, bloody wonder, simple scout, baby blender, and the nutball. So...I built the edge, I've always wanted to try 3d but I did a scratch build and I'm having trouble with the landing gear. Can anyone give me bend dimensions and also a reference on the fuselage for where to cut to install the landing gear? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190216_114212.jpg
    20190216_114212.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Welcome to the forums @Justn37 ! What type of field do you fly at? If it is a rough, grassy field I would skip the gear, I flew mine without landing gear even though I have a place to take off and land. Also it would be lighter and thus better for 3D.

Yawnsky24

Justn37, I would skip the gear. I have built 4 Edges for myself and my flying buddies and put gear on 2 of them. We have since removed the gear. It flies better without the gear and you can float it in for the landing. We fly off of very rough ground and have not damaged them at all. If you are concerned about the bottom, just throw some Extreme packing tape on the bottom.

You'll love the Edge, have fun.

Jan

Justn37

Welcome to the forums @Justn37 ! What type of field do you fly at? If it is a rough, grassy field I would skip the gear, I flew mine without landing gear even though I have a place to take off and land. Also it would be lighter and thus better for 3D.
I fly off a sod farm so it's pretty short grass but it is pretty bumpy, I was going to skip the wheel pants and put rubber tires on it.

Justn37

Justn37, I would skip the gear. I have built 4 Edges for myself and my flying buddies and put gear on 2 of them. We have since removed the gear. It flies better without the gear and you can float it in for the landing. We fly off of very rough ground and have not damaged them at all. If you are concerned about the bottom, just throw some Extreme packing tape on the bottom.

You'll love the Edge, have fun.

Jan
Thanks, I was thinking that would be my alternative but I won't lie, I like how the landing gear looks but I'll take performance over looks lol.