First Balsa Build: Willy Nillies JR. Skylark

nagillim

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of my gear being assembled. Basically you will have two split half ribs that hold the gear wire in place against the main rib and it's sandwiched with a complete outer half rib. The .500" bend at the top of the gear will rest against the leading edge. I'd suggest soaking all of the balsa pieces with thin CA after assembly just to harden them a bit. I hope it makes some sense. I'll include an assembled picture of mine but likely won't show you much.

Joe View attachment 169698 View attachment 169699
Thanks for the picture. I am 80 years old and this is my first attempt at RC. I actually started just before New Years and am now working on multiple planes. I have never flown an RC plane and hope to do so this Summer. I can honestly say I have never made a single mistake on any of them. Actually I have made several including one where I mounted the nose wheel on the wrong side of the firewall on the Jr Skylark 250 and will probably make more

Thanks for the picture. I am 80 years old and this is my first attempt at RC. I actually started just before New Years and am now working on multiple planes. I have never flown an RC plane and hope to do so this Summer. I can honestly say I have never made a single mistake on any of them. Actually I have made several including one where I mounted the nose wheel on the wrong side of the firewall on the Jr Skylark 250 and will probably make more

Never worry about the mistakes you make, if you can fix them, great! Most get "adapted". Anyone that tells you they never do are either lying or have never done anything. I make plenty of mistakes, been building and flying for years and I can say for certain, I've flown some great mistakes! :)
We need to get you out flying though, find a club nearby, check the Horizon Instructors page for someplace. I know one of the clubs by me has Trainer planes to teach new folks and all you have to do is show up, they'll get you in the air.