• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Pumpkin drop event

Flysky FS-i6 Custom Paint

I repainted my FS-i6 over the weekend, and thought i'd post pics:)

I used Rustoleum flat grey primer, Rustoleum Flat Black Primer, and Rustoleum Textured somethin-r-other

012417_0279.jpg

012417_0280.jpg

012417_0281.jpg

012417_0286.jpg
the only real modification i made was to file down the power button and gorrila glue some 60-grit sandpaper to it, so i can actually move it without hooking a fingernail under the top/bottom edge - it works great!!

012417_0296.jpg
I had some stickers on it before, and thought i'd jsut leave the ones on the back and paint over them, then some came off, so i figured i'd just take 'em all off - i kinda like it :)

012417_0289_1.jpg

012417_0298_1.jpg

Well, let me know what you think or if you have any questions!!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Mentor
I think I would like more info on that textured paint if you please. I have been thinking of dipping my Taranis to swirl it but I think I like that textured look better AND it seems like it would ease my slippery feeling issues in the process too.

I think I would like more info on that textured paint if you please.
sure! this is the stuff i used, i just got it at walmart:
https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/stops-rust/multicolor-textured

AND it seems like it would ease my slippery feeling issues in the process too.
It definitely adds a grippy texture - about like a 220-grit sandpaper, but less abrasive - but it's a bit finicky and takes a while to dry, it will flatten and smooth out if you put any pressure on it before its dry, and i can't yet speak for how well it will wear, but it's worth a try ;)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Looks like it's ready for war! Do let us know how the texture lasts, it looks like it could be a more comfortable grip. I was going to try plasti-dip on the back of my taranis, but this might be a better option.