Foamboard P-47 Thunderbolt

FastCrash45

Elite member
Currently editing a build video for my P-47 Bubbletop/Razorback. Sorry for the wait, I've just been working on stuff for Flitefest like a C-47 that can drop paratroopers(There will be plans) and painting the FW190 and Hellcat. Here are some photos of both the C-47 and Razorback.
View attachment 135217 View attachment 135218
When you get the plans I would like to have go at both the P47s and the C47 AWESOME LOOKING PLANES

PoorManRC

Master member
I am jonesing for that P-47!! You did a great job on the Jug, and it looks like a wide Envelope Flyer (based on Wing style).

I'm at a distinct disadvantage over the others here, as I don't have a Printer, Money, or especially the dexterity for ALL that cutting....
I'm hoping it becomes popular enough to become a Speed Build Kit.
Kudos Brother!!

~ Carmine

Niez13

Elite member
I am jonesing for that P-47!! You did a great job on the Jug, and it looks like a wide Envelope Flyer (based on Wing style).

I'm at a distinct disadvantage over the others here, as I don't have a Printer, Money, or especially the dexterity for ALL that cutting....
I'm hoping it becomes popular enough to become a Speed Build Kit.
Kudos Brother!!

~ Carmine
Thanks! And yes it can go extremely slow and fast if you want it to. Unfortunately I don’t think this will become a speed build kit because Flitetest just released their P-47 bubble top/Razorback (which still flies amazing).

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks! And yes it can go extremely slow and fast if you want it to. Unfortunately I don’t think this will become a speed build kit because Flitetest just released their P-47 bubble top/Razorback (which still flies amazing).
I just looked at the FT P-47 build video. I think I like the way you designed your formers (around the box frame) much better.

Niez13

Elite member
I just looked at the FT P-47 build video. I think I like the way you designed your formers (around the box frame) much better.
Yeah I mean both work I just believe my way is a little easier. That box frame also adds so much support if happen to have a rough landing (or crash). That's why I make sure to add it into all my designs. Not sure when my build video will be done I just have to make sure everything is perfect before releasing it.

Jaxx

Yeah I mean both work I just believe my way is a little easier. That box frame also adds so much support if happen to have a rough landing (or crash). That's why I make sure to add it into all my designs. Not sure when my build video will be done I just have to make sure everything is perfect before releasing it.
Looking forward to it!

chris398mx

Master member
If they are 90% accurate or better,just release them the way they are. i know the feeling about wanting things perfect, but sometimes it just takes too much time. i would like to try your build and and maybe I could give some feed back if it doesn't go perfectly.

Niez13

Elite member
If they are 90% accurate or better,just release them the way they are. i know the feeling about wanting things perfect, but sometimes it just takes too much time. i would like to try your build and and maybe I could give some feed back if it doesn't go perfectly.
Well I guess its not more of the plans being perfect but more of the build video. However, by how much people want to build it I will post the plans tomorrow.

PoorManRC

Master member
Well I guess its not more of the plans being perfect but more of the build video. However, by how much people want to build it I will post the plans tomorrow.
....... If I could get someone to cut it for me, that would be perfect for this arthritic old Fart. That's the only thing really stopping me from real Scratchbuilding of FT Aircraft.
But it really does look like a winner 🏆!!

~ Carmine

Niez13

Elite member
Any luck posting the plans? I cant wait to get started.
Of course I look at the plans and realize I'm missing a piece. The problem with posting plans for me is that I have to trace the piece on paper, have my dad scan it in at work, do his magic by putting it on the plans, then release them. I always feel so bad waiting to post plans or not posting plans when I say I will post them. I am sorry for all the hiccups but that is why posting plans for me is always weird. Overall plans should be up tomorrow.

chris398mx

Master member
Of course I look at the plans and realize I'm missing a piece. The problem with posting plans for me is that I have to trace the piece on paper, have my dad scan it in at work, do his magic by putting it on the plans, then release them. I always feel so bad waiting to post plans or not posting plans when I say I will post them. I am sorry for all the hiccups but that is why posting plans for me is always weird. Overall plans should be up tomorrow.
No problem, sometimes stuff like that happens. I guess we wait till tomorrow.

Jaxx

Don't feel bad. We all appreciate what you are doing. Even the great Sponz has hiccups from time to time. Hopefully, you're not feeling pressured to meet a deadline. Thanks for the effort!

Niez13

Elite member
How did the C-47 fly?
It flew amazing. Just so smooth and stable just like the real thing. When I first launched it, it was just rock solid with no wing rock (that's with the props both spinning in the same direction too). I do have to do some tweaking like making it a fold over wing because it didn't handle tight turns the best.

jack954

It flew amazing. Just so smooth and stable just like the real thing. When I first launched it, it was just rock solid with no wing rock (that's with the props both spinning in the same direction too). I do have to do some tweaking like making it a fold over wing because it didn't handle tight turns the best.
Wow that's great! Are you using powerpods on the set up?