FT Flyer - Power Pack A?

Yags

I really wanted to build a Mini Arrow as my first RC plane, especially after Josh and Josh said wings were good for noobs in the Beginner Series videos, so I bought a Power Pack A and started cutting foam... But now reading on here I'm getting scared out of it!

I'm thinking I might want to try throwing together an FT Flyer from my extra foam first, to test my mettle! However, the recommended electronics (Power Pack B)seem wildly different from what I have for the Arrow (Power Pack A). Think it would work with Pack A anyway?

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
I really wanted to build a Mini Arrow as my first RC plane, especially after Josh and Josh said wings were good for noobs in the Beginner Series videos, so I bought a Power Pack A and started cutting foam... But now reading on here I'm getting scared out of it!

I'm thinking I might want to try throwing together an FT Flyer from my extra foam first, to test my mettle! However, the recommended electronics (Power Pack B)seem wildly different from what I have for the Arrow (Power Pack A). Think it would work with Pack A anyway?

Looks like the A pack should have enough power to fly an FT Flyer if you're using a 3s battery. Dunno if the narrow air stream from the small prop will effect rude an elevator effectiveness in a negative way though.

You might be better off building the tiny trainer first, as it's guaranteed to work. Of course, the FT Flyer is a really fast build, so if it doesn't work out well, it won't matter that much.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
I fly one on a 2204. I use a 7 in prop. I not sure about the 1806. Just a note. the firewall has to be modified for the smaller motors. the mounting holes don't line up.