FT Flyer with Ailerons Solves CG Issue

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
My Flyer was tail heavy so I added a micro servo, two rods, corndog stick ends (control horns) and cut some foam..... WOW! Completely different flight characteristics! It's doesn't bobble around in a light breeze, rock solid entry and exits out of turns. Ailerons should be part of the basic configuration on this airframe IMO.

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Or just put a bigger battery in the front?

Nice mod though! I'm glad it works out for you!

mymaps

Wow! that seems to fly so easy, even hovering close to the ground in the second video.

What was the total weight in air and what motor/batt are you using?

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
It is easy to fly! I'm not a skilled pilot. Using it as a trainer for my son (eventually).

Motor Turnigy 2730 Brushless Motor 1300kv - included propsaver, be ready to solder connectors on wires
15+ amp ESC with BEC (from local hobby shop - forgot to order)
Batt - ZIPPY Flightmax 500mAh 3S1P 20C
HobbyKing® 3.7g Micro Servo .4kg .10sec/60deg - DO NOT USE! (I broke 2 out of 5 from casual handling before installation)
Corndog stick control horns.
Can't remember prop, dont know weight, or ESC will post tonight.

I added lights last night, LED Flexible Light Strip 12V with 300 SMD LED, 3258 16.4 Foot / 5 Meter - peeled off the waterproof covering.

Need to move battery to wing top or always land on grass.

Justin

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
Prop is APC 8060 or 8x6
ESC is 18A with BEC yellow generic from local Hobbytown.

Maiden night flight, pitch dark. Prop was not balanced and shook out bamboo skewer out when I reached altitude. Power pod disconnected from structure. It fluttered down in my neighbor's back yard, tree - just high enough to need a step ladder. Had to make the walk of shame to his door to ask for access to his yard. No damage. New prop installed.

My wife keeps asking, "Do you want to watch your video?"
She recorded the whole thing! :(

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
My wife keeps asking, "Do you want to watch your video?"
She recorded the whole thing! :(

:applause:

So, where's the youtube link? :p

On a more serious note, too bad that happened! So always balance the prop ;). I'm glad you like your flyer otherwise :)