FTFC20 - Build-Ruary (Build Challenge)

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Recently restocked myself... same Ali Express ones! Lol I had good luck with them before.

20200108_215439.jpg

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Or our own designs?
Of course!

My experience: New designs tend to take more time.

Ther reason this is also in February is precisely because that is the official end of @rockyboy yearly design build challenge. So there are typically a number fresh new community designed plans ready for a beta-build test run.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Guys, Thanks for the tip on the servos! $1 can't be beat. $1.5 metal gear ones... just enough for them to get here as you finish the first plane or two.

BTW on my first lawn darting of the 4lb Bird of Time, the right Aileron failed.. it wasn't the MG servo, but the plastic arm that busted! so, new arm and i'm back in business.
I wish there were 5g MG servos... for $5

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan, and @BATTLEAXE - have you considered joining us?
@kilroy07 I usually see your hat in the ring here...
@rockyboy... :sneaky: you know you want too.
how about you @CarolineTyler
Any Mad scratch builders-looking to take this one on? Anyone else we show be inviting/calling out?
Do half built planes and projects count? Say the x-29 that is still in the works or the mr mulligan that still isn't complete. I'll join any how just want to know what to plan for.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Do half built planes and projects count? Say the x-29 that is still in the works or the mr mulligan that still isn't complete. I'll join any how just want to know what to plan for.
You get docked points for planes already started. That's what I'm doing with my fb ultra stick. I already have the wing done and partly painted. I started the fuse and elevator, but they still need a bit of work. I haven't done any electronics yet either. I've cut out my EAF wing already, so I'll get points docked for that as well. But it really comes down to having fun and finishing up builds that have been on the back burner for a while. Have fun!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have the last of my planes being built now. I need warmer weather to get out and crash some to salvage electronics. My building is super inconsistent as well. I do still have a Viggen cut out but needs to be assembled

mayan

Legendary member
You get docked points for planes already started. That's what I'm doing with my fb ultra stick. I already have the wing done and partly painted. I started the fuse and elevator, but they still need a bit of work. I haven't done any electronics yet either. I've cut out my EAF wing already, so I'll get points docked for that as well. But it really comes down to having fun and finishing up builds that have been on the back burner for a while. Have fun!
OK what about planes that I have already built in the past but haven't start the rebuild again yet?

mayan

Legendary member
@FoamyDM you asked me to join and I will so here is my build ruary list and I hope to stand by it. I know I might have jumped above my belt but I want to try and challenge myself. Good luck to everybody.

FTFC20: Build-ruary by Mayan (Build Skill: 4, Pilot SKill: 3 Novice)
  1. Hurricane
  2. Racer
  3. LongEZ
  4. Bloody Baron
Extras:
  • X-29
  • FT-22
  • Legacy
  • Charlie
  • DGA
  • Goblin
  • Tiny Trainer
  • Kitfox
  • Simple Scout
  • Paper Airplane inspired by this.

Last edited:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
@FoamyDM you asked me to join and I will so here is my build ruary list and I hope to stand by it. I know I might have jumped above my belt but I want to try and challenge myself. Good luck to everybody.

1. Hurricane
  2. Racer
  3. X-29
  4. Bloody Baron
Extras:
  • LongEZ
  • FT-22
  • Legacy
  • Charlie
  • DGA
  • Goblin
  • Tiny Trainer
Impressive list. It looks like there is a spelling mistake here though, Kitfox isn't spelled L,E,G,A,C,Y :p:ROFLMAO:

mayan

Legendary member
Impressive list. It looks like there is a spelling mistake here though, Kitfox isn't spelled L,E,G,A,C,Y :p:ROFLMAO:
LOL....

1. Hurricane
  2. Racer
  3. X-29
  4. Bloody Baron
Extras:
  • LongEZ
  • FT-22
  • Legacy
  • Charlie
  • DGA
  • Goblin
  • Tiny Trainer
  • Kitfox
Updated :)

mayan

Legendary member
Alright so here is a quick update I have started making body bags of plane pieces to be built so all I have to do during the challenge is just BUILD!

483F2F99-5453-476E-BF95-B33DCAE3E3D7.jpeg

Since the photo was taken I have also cut out the pieces that I was missing for the tiny trainer. So far the process of cutting the pieces is going quite well. I am feeling like my cuts are looking super sharp and clean, I am happy :)! I have only 4 more planes to cutout to completely finish cutting out all of what is on the list I submitted, and to be honest I want to add a few more :giggle:.

I have also created this link so you all can follow my progress :).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tm82p6rEfOS78p1P7DClqSAqq7lmuflkDjIr28fPqDs

More updates as they are available :).