Building Fool-Flying Noob
February is FT-Build-Ruary Month!
Hi All, Lets welcome another flying season, ready to go!
I challenge all here to turn February into FT-Build-Ruary
So Many Planes So Little Time:
I, like most folk in this community, have a LONG build list of planes I would LOVE to build. In the last couple years and late 2018 there has been in incredible influx of new Classic Balsa designs turned Foam, fantasy Planes, Plans, builds and ideas/inspiration with the Bloody WWII Baby! forum thread and and the FTFC WWII Design & Build Challenge, and the FTFC Fantasy Aircraft Design & Build Challenge the FTFC Classic to Modern Challenge, as well as any plans listed by SPONZ and other forum members.
Challenge: Spend February building at least 4 functioning RC Foam planes. Make a list and Build-log for each plane on the list. This will be scored out of 100 pts. (5 pts for entry, and 24 pts for each Build)
Be sure to post your entry below:
Must have a Declaration of participation with a link to your Build Thread
a list of your four(4) planes.
Build Thread Summary (5 pts):
Start a Thread - "FTFC19: Build-ruary by (Builder)" with your linked build list. Include your estimated Build Skill and Piloting Skill (1=New, 5=Expert)
FTFC20: Build-ruary by FoamyDM (Build Skill: 4 Skilled, Pilot SKill: 3 Novice)
- FT-Storch Kit
- 445mm Micro Wing -For the kids
- FT-SeaDuck Kit
- FTFC - Fantasy Design & Build:
- FT Explorer (lit)
For this entry I would earn - 13pts. Most of these are at or above my build and piloting skill level, the delta is well below.
BUILD POSTS: (24pts each)
Set aside Posts 2 - 5 and title them "FT-Build-Ruary: (plane) Build by (builder)"
Each build post will be scored as follows:
- 1pts Picture of the plane
- 2pts Plans link and/or Forum link (for other community memmbers to find them)
- 2pts Reason for choosing this plane
- 6pts Build-log: A brief explanation of your build process, and note difficulties, changes and tips along the way. Be sure include your build pics and a estimated build time.
- 2pts Build Rating (1 Simple -5 Complex), Use These Icons:
- 3pts Color Scheme - A decorated plane is more fun!
- 4pts Maiden Video *Due before March 15th*
- 2pts Fly rating (1 Easy - 5 Sketchy) Use These Icons:
- 2pts Post-project reflective statement. (Summary of Do's, Don't and tips)
I will keep a running tally in a post below for easy reference!
The Build Challenge Begins February 1st and Ends on the 1st of March 2018!
Maiden Videos must be posted before March 15th.
*That means You will have 2 additional weeks to get your maiden flight*
The Winner will receive (Supplied by FoamyDM):
- Bragging Rights!
- I plan set cut from DTFB*
- Trophy (maybe)
- Full Size Printed Plans*
Good Luck FT Community, Get your plans ready and Happy Building!