Hello...your advice is much appreciated

P0PZ

Hello from New Zealand

I'm a complete noob in regards to r/c flight and builds.

I have just brought a spektrum dx6 and phoenix 5 flight sim to get some stress free practice in.
I am looking at building a ft versa and maybe a ft tiny trainer, however I'm finding the foam board hard to find.
I have found this Foam Board do you think it will be suitable for the builds?

thanks for any info you can provide

P0PZ

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
No they don't. I would suggest using depron for you planes. When I was on vacation there in feb I didn't get a chance to go shopping for that stuff but I know its hard to find outside of the us

paulshort

Your in luck. Where are you located? There is a shop called Uncle Bills that sells Adams readiboard E.g dollar tree foam board.

P0PZ

thanks guys you just stop me from making a bad mistake and wasting my money

paulshort im in Taranaki as well, i live down the coast.
where abouts is "uncle bills" shop?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Once you find the correct board, consider building the trainer first. Much easier to learn on than a wing.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Well I was only in Auckland. Since there is a chance the wife might take a job in new zealand I'll have to keep that place in mind

paulshort

It will cost $281 NZD for a case of 50 sheets making it $5.62 a sheet which isnt great but its not too bad. Do you happen to want half a case?

P0PZ

what size are the sheets? i dont know how big a "standard" sheet is A4, A3??
ive found this foam from gordon harris... i believe it is a little bit heavier then the stuff they use in the kits... i think the prices are quite good

yeah ill be keen to meet up and have a fly at some point
ive never flown an rc plane before so once i get a bit of practice in on the flight sim ill be keen