mayan

Legendary member
So I am off to bed but have to leave you all with something sweet for the day. So here is the videos of my flying today. Like o said I took my wife’s family member and her son to the field with me. I flew all three planes which I planned too. So here they are... I apologize that the footage is not great.

TT inverted flying wram up.

SpiTTT flying with a bit of inverted.

Edge flying.

Shoot me with your comments please :)!

Arcfyre

Elite member
I fly near buildings (houses) often. You need to be aware of the wind at all times, and you need to be master of your aircraft. If your plane starts drifting towards a house and you can't get it back, it's better to force a crash rather than risk breaking a neighbor's window or scratching their car.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
So I am off to bed but have to leave you all with something sweet for the day. So here is the videos of my flying today. Like o said I took my wife’s family member and her son to the field with me. I flew all three planes which I planned too. So here they are... I apologize that the footage is not great.

Edge flying.

Loved the videos especially the SpiTTT, It would have scored better than your official "Inverted" Entry!

You need to turn down the ailerons and increase the elevator to make it a little better to get to fly inverted!

have fun!

mayan

Legendary member
Loved the videos especially the SpiTTT, It would have scored better than your official "Inverted" Entry!

You need to turn down the ailerons and increase the elevator to make it a little better to get to fly inverted!

have fun!
I will submit a entry with the SpiTTT too, but not this video I’ll make a new one :).

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

Edge flying.

I love how you are getting more daring with the easier builds, and more competent with the harder builds. You might be onto something, there! (y)

mayan

Legendary member
The builds are all easy by now after all once you build a handful of planes you understand how to build better. It’s the plane flying characteristics that I am happy to be learning well that makes me proud.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
The builds are all easy by now after all once you build a handful of planes you understand how to build better. It’s the plane flying characteristics that I am happy to be learning well that makes me proud.
I should have been more precise in my wording. I meant to say your FLYING is more daring and more competent! :D

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
What would you say are the pros and cons of the jumper t16?

EDIT: I understand that you can do a lot with it. Is it like a programmable Tx?
Reasonable price, MULTI-Protocol out of the box, big colour display which can be read in sunshine, lots of switches and knobs all of which can be programmed, JR bay on rear that fully support crossfire modules (long range control), OpenJumper software (compatible with OpenTX), takes 18650 batteries or 2S lipo for power, voice prompts, six buttons for iNav type modes. It just seems to have everything you could need from a transmitter.

mayan

Legendary member
How about receivers what do you use?

EDIT: I like the small and without plastic casing and would want a daul atentha one.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
How about receivers what do you use?

EDIT: I like the small and without plastic casing and would want a daul atentha one.
For my quads I love the FrSky XM+ which is SBUS output and perfect for the flight controller.
For the planes, I'm still undecided on my favourite receiver, the Flysky receivers are good and use the AFHDS protocol which is fairly robust (
FlySky FS-iA6 2.4G 6CH AFHDS Receiver) and I'm also liking the Lemon DSMX receivers, especially ones with satellites for solid signal reception. The iRangeX RM601 2.4G 7CH Micro DSM2 DSMX Receiver I've found to be good too (nice and small)

mayan

Legendary member
For my quads I love the FrSky XM+ which is SBUS output and perfect for the flight controller.
For the planes, I'm still undecided on my favourite receiver, the Flysky receivers are good and use the AFHDS protocol which is fairly robust (
FlySky FS-iA6 2.4G 6CH AFHDS Receiver) and I'm also liking the Lemon DSMX receivers, especially ones with satellites for solid signal reception. The iRangeX RM601 2.4G 7CH Micro DSM2 DSMX Receiver I've found to be good too (nice and small)
Thanks will check those out.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Thanks will check those out.
And the good thing about having a multi-protocol transmitter is that I'm pretty agnostic on the make of the receiver allowing me to pick the best for the job and not just the best that manufacturer offers. :)
It's really difficult to pick the perfect receiver for you without actually having them in front of you and being able to pick them up, fiddle with them and generally making your own decisions about what functions are important to you.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Man... I wish I would have known about the jumper T16 last year when I was shopping for a radio. Would have saved some money vs. my DX8e.

Arcfyre

Elite member
If it was me, I'd go for the Jumper T16. The color screen is awesome (my DX8e was $230 and it's a monochrome screen. Lame.) and the programming options available make it 100% customizable. By far though the biggest thing the T16 has going for it is that with the included module, you can fly pretty much any brand of RX with it. That means you could get some stabilized LemonRX units to play with and still use the other equipment you have already without needing to replace it. Hard to beat for the price.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Screenshot_20190329-135909_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190329-135932_Chrome.jpg