Long EZ - FT Style

jpot1

Elite member
Made a lot of progress today on the larger v2 model.

60F5C6E9-E155-456A-926D-108E6A56B0A7.jpeg

jpot1

Elite member
Updated plans are attached in the first post. I do have some CG issues to figure out - hoping for a few more flights this weekend and then I will update further on the plans.

@FoamyDM - will get a weight tomorrow.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Looks good.

I glued mine back up, rebuilt the left fore-wing that got crunched, and glued the winglets back up. Also the Nose...which needed it. The canard.... I didn't fix exactly but more straightened as best I could... I will have to do glides to get the CG ball park for myself.

Have you thought about a removable nose section?

jpot1

Elite member
Looks good.

I glued mine back up, rebuilt the left fore-wing that got crunched, and glued the winglets back up. Also the Nose...which needed it. The canard.... I didn't fix exactly but more straightened as best I could... I will have to do glides to get the CG ball park for myself.

Have you thought about a removable nose section?

Funny you should mention that. I had it drawn up but didn't feel like dealing with the extra cutting for the curves of the nose. Will see how things go with my re-maiden this weekend.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
If you do make a removable nose version you could use the canard to hold it on :)

Speaking of the canard. I wonder if an airfoil on it would would at all...either sanding/carving it down or doing a KF style airfoil on it....

I still haven't had time to rebuild the original design...now it looks like I'm going to have to dig out a bigger motor to try the bigger version :D But not sure when I'll have time. Got a bunch of projects that suddenly piled on all at once, then my wife crashed our car so we've been down to one vehicle (she and my daughter are fine - but the car was a total loss.) Just got the settlement from the insurance company on the car yesterday so going to be pretty busy shopping for a replacement the next week or two....but hopefully I'll find time to get back to my foam soon!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
For shaping of 1 ply or so, I have had success with pressing the board with an iron set on cotton.
For the nose... I'm thinking more a short doubler piece that you glue to the nose section you make by building and cutting.

@jhitesma - glad the family is ok, sad about the vehicle.

jpot1

Elite member
Minor plans tweak to add the CG range. Flew great - through 4 batteries this weekend. First post updated.

Now - who is going to be first to build the full size version? :)

flyerdude

Great work there Jason.
Downloaded the plans, will be my next build (once my current project is finished).
Guess this is a relativer fast flying plane? I might go for 4S.
What is the status of the "T-45 Goshawk " ? You've posted that one on facebook in March. Been really lookong forward to that one.

jpot1

Elite member
Latest update with vent added to the nose. Plans updated and flight video added to the first post.

F5490D64-5F31-4C10-A6DC-B2F8239925F0.jpeg