Mighty Mini Gloster Gladiator Mk II - Swappable - WWII Biplane Fighter

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
I think based on the short fuselage and wingspan, making it close to scale in appearance would make it quite a handful on approach and landing, lightweight foam or not. Just because it is my fave at every museum I have seen it at, doesn't mean I need to build it right now.
There are just too many cool aircraft out there that need to be built in foam! P-61 Black Widow anyone?

I think you'll be surprised how light you can build with foamboard. I don't expect my version of the Peashooter to have any wing loading or slow flight issues.. Short coupled planes aren't generally that big of a deal either, not now that Expo and dual rates are so common.

A friend at my local RC club is working on a foamboard P-61. I've been trying to get him to post it here, but he wants to wait until he has more of it done. It's perfectly doable in foam.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Nice job, I only hope mine maiden goes so well. I'm just addicted to building I think.

Do you have any throw gauge/suggestions?

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
Nice job, I only hope mine maiden goes so well. I'm just addicted to building I think.

Do you have any throw gauge/suggestions?

Hrm, It has been a long while since I've messed with this one. I think if you set the elevator and rudder around 12 degrees and tune to taste you'll be safe. I generally like to set a triple rate switch with high and low between 3-5 degrees different from the middle rate.

I think I had a lot of throw on the ailerons to get the roll speed up to a point I was happy with. Start at 20 on those and go from there.

I have a 32" version of this plane mostly built, I should finish it and post plans for those that want a medium size rather than Giant or mini.