Northrop T38 Thunderbird version EDF - done

leaded50

Legendary member
Originally T-38 have two outlets close to each other, my model uses only one EDF, so ist a little space on both sides of the thrust tube. Gonna hide the servosystem for the elevator fully inside fuselage, both elevatorfins twist together (linked) (forgot the english name on such). Rudder aint cut, perhaps later, idea was use only elevator, and ailerons, perhaps as elevon/spoilerons mix on the main wing

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I love the NASA livery having grown up in the shadow of the space coast but I can't help but think this would make a perfect "MIG-28" to go with the up coming F-14.

leaded50

Legendary member
NASA design is more unnormal than typical US Navy etc.. thats reason to make it like that.. looks better.
I was indeed thinking if shpould make it as a deltawing, with some adjustments on canopy eg.. it could look like a Mirage....but yes,
Mig28 quite close. The dual outlets should be easy done there too

Last edited:

FL_Engineer

Elite member
Yep, don't get me wrong, love the NASA paint job! Used to listen to the jets headed to the bombing range as a kid, most of the time I'd run out front and see 2 or 3 F-15's spaced about 20 sec apart but occasionally it was a T-38 flying low, always a treat.

leaded50

Legendary member
You know, when you have your first crash before servos is in, and inside home, you wonder about the pilots capabillitys :LOL:.
If your looking on the pictures, the last ones have a bigger black fronttip.... thats because it took off upright from floor in a thrust test, straight into the roof....at least found out its chrashzones... :ROFLMAO:

leaded50

Legendary member
Irritating 1. all servocables is 40mm to short and needed extensions.
Irritating 2. the electric retracts are too "thick" for my wing. Of course it was a reason for a good price, they can take 4 planes of this weight .
:cautious::cautious::cautious:

Attachments

• DSC_0080 (2).JPG
    DSC_0080 (2).JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
too bad. did you finish the plane? how did she fiy?
plane is finished. I made it with full movement of rear horizontal elevtor fins. That didnt hold up, and needed rework. After that done, it havent flewn afterwards. It did fly quite ok,. not any unexpected movements pretty stabile, mid fast. Needed aklso put on a small frontal lip against fuselage to get better lift up front.