'SPIT' roasted FB

Tr33s

So I would really like to join the FT Spitfire group build conversation. I love building but am still a new RC pilot and am inspired by this project. Thanks @BATTLEAXE for the encouragement 🤓! I did piece together the tiled plans from David this evening. After reading the posts I will transfer them to poster board templates before building. I’ve read most of the 50 pages on this thread and you guys rock! 😎

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
So I would really like to join the FT Spitfire group build conversation. I love building but am still a new RC pilot and am inspired by this project. Thanks @BATTLEAXE for the encouragement 🤓! I did piece together the tiled plans from David this evening. After reading the posts I will transfer them to poster board templates before building. I’ve read most of the 50 pages on this thread and you guys rock! 😎
The FT Spitfire is a super flying model, you will love it.

Jimun

Elite member
I don't think the weight will be a problem for the Spit, my only concern would be having the servos as a direct drive you may strip the gears plus all the weight is right on the end of the servo.
I was thinking that the weight would be ok to. I am concerned about servo damage to. I read the comments for it and no one mentioned that being a problem yet. I will give it a try and let you all know how it works.

Jimun

Elite member
Good to have you aboard. Remember to take pictures of your progress and post them. So we can cheer you on all the more:D

Wildthing

Legendary member
I was thinking that the weight would be ok to. I am concerned about servo damage to. I read the comments for it and no one mentioned that being a problem yet. I will give it a try and let you all know how it works.
I did go look at the files on thingi, so it does have a support and stopper for the servo and legs which is good. What I would do once you have it assembled is maybe glue it to 1/16 plywood and make the plywood go beyond the leg so it can disperse some of the weight. As is there is really no support where the main impact would be on a rough landing

Jimun

Elite member
I did go look at the files on thingi, so it does have a support and stopper for the servo and legs which is good. What I would do once you have it assembled is maybe glue it to 1/16 plywood and make the plywood go beyond the leg so it can disperse some of the weight. As is there is really no support where the main impact would be on a rough landing
I think I see what you are suggesting. Like a piece of plywood under all of it or just under the support piece. Maybe about a 1/4" or more out?

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member

Here is the older FT Spit I built , flies like a dream and then I added sound to it and the 2 speakers are real heavy and I think it just about doubled the weight of the plane so landing gear will be just fine. It flew ok but very sluggish :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Welcome aboard @Tr33s! I'm very glad you've decided to join our group build. @bracesport has yet to maiden his, and I'll be posting my newby flights with the Spitfire here for a while to come. You're right on time. :)

Don't worry if your plane doesn't look like some the examples we've seen from our master builders, here. Mine is white, completely stock to plan, with some colored cardstock and wing tape. I built it just because I wanted to fly it, and I'm so glad that I did!

Like @Jimun said, feel free to inundate us with pictures and video. We love it! We'll also be able to cheer you along, and help if we see a boo boo. I'm already looking forward to your maiden! :)

Tr33s

Welcome aboard @Tr33s! I'm very glad you've decided to join our group build. @bracesport has yet to maiden his, and I'll be posting my newby flights with the Spitfire here for a while to come. You're right on time. :)

Don't worry if your plane doesn't look like some the examples we've seen from our master builders, here. Mine is white, completely stock to plan, with some colored cardstock and wing tape. I built it just because I wanted to fly it, and I'm so glad that I did!

Like @Jimun said, feel free to inundate us with pictures and video. We love it! We'll also be able to cheer you along, and help if we see a boo boo. I'm already looking forward to your maiden! :)
Well it’s sure nice to have friends. I will probably stick the the plans (for the first one) 😉. I saw your maiden, and hope I can do that well. Looking forward to seeing more of your builds. It helps a lot to get new ideas.