The Best It Will Ever Look

OliverW

Legendary member
I

Im more of a cat person...
Walter doesn't approve of your propaganda
20210326_173654.jpg

Anton005

My first scratch build. Mini scout. My first plane was tiny trainer, the scout is my second. I really love the ft community, pretty great to have all these resources. Maidened it yesterday with some small 2s 300mah batteries, had a good time. Today loaded in the 3s 450mah battery and was blown away by how fun it was, climbed straight up like a rocket.

IMG_20210405_153818660.jpg

Anton005

My first scratch build. Mini scout. My first plane was tiny trainer, the scout is my second. I really love the ft community, pretty great to have all these resources. Maidened it yesterday with some small 2s 300mah batteries, had a good time. Today loaded in the 3s 450mah battery and was blown away by how fun it was, climbed straight up like a rocket.

View attachment 197161
Pushed it too hard in the wind today, lol... next!
IMG_20210412_134052698.jpg

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Pushed it too hard in the wind today, lol... next! View attachment 197873
Same happened to me last week with one of my Tiny trainers. It was far too windy and I was pushing the envelope a bit too much and was doing an Icarus too, flying too far away (lost orientation). At least mine was an old Tiny that had seen lots of action, that's a shame when it's a new build (nice job too). Ah well back to the drawing board eh !!!!

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Maidened my 150% DR1 this morning. Here are a couple of before pictures. I think I've proven that ailerons (at least the ones I put on) do DO NOT work with this wing. Video to follow. I'm repairing a surprisingly small amount of damage and switching to elevator and rudder only and will try again.

IMG_3030.JPG IMG_3031.JPG

The promised videos:

Last edited:

Anton005

Maidened my 150% DR1 this morning. Here are a couple of before pictures. I think I've proven that ailerons (at least the ones I put on) do DO NOT work with this wing. Video to follow. I'm repairing a surprisingly small amount of damage and switching to elevator and rudder only and will try again.

View attachment 198323 View attachment 198324

The promised videos:

How did you do the graphics on that? It looks freaking awesome!

Have you tried launching with your left hand? then you can have your right on the stick, I've recently discovered this and it makes launching much less stressful. Nice work!

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
How did you do the graphics on that? It looks freaking awesome!

Have you tried launching with your left hand? then you can have your right on the stick, I've recently discovered this and it makes launching much less stressful. Nice work!
Nice looking plane! It would be beyond my flying skills.
Thanks for the compliment. The graphics are photoshopped and glued on. I took the paper off the side with the graphics and used 3M super 77 to re-skin. It helped having an 11" x 17" printer. I'll have to try the left handed launch.

Anton005

Nice looking plane! It would be beyond my flying skills.
Thanks for the compliment. The graphics are photoshopped and glued on. I took the paper off the side with the graphics and used 3M super 77 to re-skin. It helped having an 11" x 17" printer. I'll have to try the left handed launch.
Oh great idea with the graphics. Just make sure you err on the side of too much throttle rather than not enough, I learned that the hard way (broken prop 1).

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
I finally beat my first Cub to death. Sadly it's undoing (along with my poor flying skills) was using it as a test bed for an Aura 5 - which is another story. I really liked the Cub so I built another. What got me hooked back into the hobby was "It's only foam board and if I smash it up how bad can it really be?" Little did I realize that I'd get sucked back into the dark side of ironing the edges and paint schemes and decals and and and and.......
Sadly it happened with the new Cub. Not a master series build by any stretch but still the best I could do and I'll cry when I smash it. Oh well. Here are pictures before the maiden. It's the best it will ever look!
IMG_3060.JPG IMG_3061.JPG IMG_3062.JPG IMG_3063.JPG

I finally beat my first Cub to death. Sadly it's undoing (along with my poor flying skills) was using it as a test bed for an Aura 5 - which is another story. I really liked the Cub so I built another. What got me hooked back into the hobby was "It's only foam board and if I smash it up how bad can it really be?" Little did I realize that I'd get sucked back into the dark side of ironing the edges and paint schemes and decals and and and and.......
Sadly it happened with the new Cub. Not a master series build by any stretch but still the best I could do and I'll cry when I smash it. Oh well. Here are pictures before the maiden. It's the best it will ever look!
View attachment 200236 View attachment 200237 View attachment 200238 View attachment 200239
You can't crash that! Looks like a shelf princess to me!