The big bang of Mustangs

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Add me to the list of happy MM owners.
Built it a few weeks ago and flew without paint to see how it worked. In a word, fantastic!
Has plenty of power with the A pack, and I'm getting four minutes plus with 3S 430mAh batteries.

Liked it so much that I "painted" it with Rasterize's Paul I skin.
And note that I simplified the build a bit with a flat top rather than curved with a canopy.
Flying with flaperons, which slow it down a bit for landing. But watch out for tip stalls.
More info on my build experience can be found in my blog here.

Cheers, rick
That looks awesome!!

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
It has been way more than 24 hours since I finished painting, so I am officially done!
IMG_0529.JPG OVdHdN4RRK6MeM5lIAnpOA.jpg IMG_0531.JPG Mpb3E3lbR_SSgREH-PPDwg.jpg
Here is this plane compared the the last mini mustang that I made. The new one is the red one. Also, I found out that the paint added 13 grams, so it is now 256 grams without a battery. With my heavy battery it is 414 grams, and with the light one it is 386 grams (I think). Definitely doing the maiden with the light battery.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
It has been way more than 24 hours since I finished painting, so I am officially done!
View attachment 176901 View attachment 176902 View attachment 176903 View attachment 176904
Here is this plane compared the the last mini mustang that I made. The new one is the red one. Also, I found out that the paint added 13 grams, so it is now 256 grams without a battery. With my heavy battery it is 414 grams, and with the light one it is 386 grams (I think). Definitely doing the maiden with the light battery.
Looks awesome!! :D(y)(y)

mayan

Legendary member
Time to update post #2?

Cheers, rick
+1

View attachment 176901 View attachment 176902 View attachment 176903 View attachment 176904
The Red one looks superb! Why does the blue one have crutches?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I have been waiting for a few weeks to fly the mustang but the day finally came! The launch was a little rough, but I got it leveled out and it flew nice. The problem is that it was hard to see, but the red and black paint helped with that. Also, having a little red on the top of the wing and solid black on the bottom really helped with orientation. It was quicker than expected and had a lot of power. What really surprised me though, was the acceleration. As soon as I hit the throttle, it shot off like crazy. It also flew a little slower just fine, and I could cruise around below half throttle. Now for landing. I was very scared to land this, but it turned out alright. It didn't tip stall or anything, but I might have to work on flaring a bit. Overall it was great! The plane is easier to fly and lighter than I remembered, and it is also much faster than expected. The plane is also good in the wind. It was really windy out, enough to blow my fairly large cub off of a table, but I did not notice one single bit with the mustang. So yeah, I'm very happy with this plane and it is definitely one of my favorites. There is a video of the maiden and I will try to post soon.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have been waiting for a few weeks to fly the mustang but the day finally came! The launch was a little rough, but I got it leveled out and it flew nice. The problem is that it was hard to see, but the red and black paint helped with that. Also, having a little red on the top of the wing and solid black on the bottom really helped with orientation. It was quicker than expected and had a lot of power. What really surprised me though, was the acceleration. As soon as I hit the throttle, it shot off like crazy. It also flew a little slower just fine, and I could cruise around below half throttle. Now for landing. I was very scared to land this, but it turned out alright. It didn't tip stall or anything, but I might have to work on flaring a bit. Overall it was great! The plane is easier to fly and lighter than I remembered, and it is also much faster than expected. The plane is also good in the wind. It was really windy out, enough to blow my fairly large cub off of a table, but I did not notice one single bit with the mustang. So yeah, I'm very happy with this plane and it is definitely one of my favorites. There is a video of the maiden and I will try to post soon.
Awesome!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I own the ft mustang, it just doesn't have any electronics yet still got to order them, and my dog decided to step on one of the wings when I was building, so now to rebuild another wing, I mean half a wing