The Coffee Shop - For general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Remember that little cute black German Shepherd pup, she has grown a fair bit.
20210411_142621.jpg

KubKade

Well we just left Iowa on our way to Alaska. It’s gonna be a 6 day drive🙃 Unfortunately there aren’t any Dollar Trees up there so I’m gonna stop at one on the way and get a LOT of DTFB. There will be a Walmart in our home town but I haven’t heard a lot of good about their foam board.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Well we just left Iowa on our way to Alaska. It’s gonna be a 6 day drive🙃 Unfortunately there aren’t any Dollar Trees up there so I’m gonna stop at one on the way and get a LOT of DTFB. There will be a Walmart in our home town but I haven’t heard a lot of good about their foam board.
I've used it before, it's heavier but more rigid. The paper doesn't peel to well but other than that I've made it work.

I believe they'll ship but I have no idea the shipping costs to Alaska. It might be worth your while to order a bunch, like 20 sheets when it comes time you need them. If it turns the cost from $1 to $2 then what's really the problem, right?

KubKade

I believe they'll ship but I have no idea the shipping costs to Alaska. It might be worth your while to order a bunch, like 20 sheets when it comes time you need them. If it turns the cost from $1 to $2 then what's really the problem, right?
Ya I checked into ordering a 25 case of FTFB and the shipping cost to AK is as much as the foam board itself🤯 The cost of the foam board is only $58 but shipping is $54.
That comes out to over $4 a sheet.
6E8CC1E1-EFFB-4AA9-8A56-39254E85B368.jpeg

If I would’ve been thinking I would’ve ordered it before we left but it’s too late now. I haven’t checked how much $ to buy Adams ready-board online though

KubKade

Do you mean buying it online from DT or Adams? I’ll check both.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Kinda cool, this comes from Adam's site: "Readi Water Resistant is created with kraft paper that has been specially coated to resist water. This board is perfect for outdoor signage and model or RC aircraft." Nice that they know why their foam sells out so fast. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.